© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE VILLAGE HALLON THURSDAY 6 SEPTEMBER 2018 AT 7.00pm     Present:  Cllr Knowlson (Chairman), Cllr Dennis, Cllr Gomes, Cllr Greenwood, Cllr Millard In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling and one Member of the Public. 1. Apologies: Cllr P Hartley, Cllr Haverson (Vice Chairman) and Pc L Wileman. Absent:  None 1. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: A grant for the full cost of the Defibrillator had been received from SSE.  He will arrange training on the use of the Defibrillator and he is due to meet with Wilts Ambulance Service regarding the registering of the Defibrillator with the Emergency Services. 1. 28.18   Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Parish Council held Meeting on 5 July 2018 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Knowlson              Agreed nem con 29.18.   Matters arising.  None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 30.18 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  None declared. 1. 31.18  Co-Options.  Having considered an application from Mr K Cockerton and having confirmed that he had met the statutory (LGA 1972 Sect 79 & 80) eligibility requirements he was co-opted as a Member of the Council.  Cllr Cockerton then signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office (LGA 1972 Sect 83).  The Clerk informed Cllr Cockerton of the legal requirement to complete a Register Interests Form on Wiltshire Council’s Website within 28 days of signing the Declaration of Acceptance of Office. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed nem con   1. 32.18 Policing Issues.  PCL Wileman sent a report by email a summary of which follows:  Ludgershall & Ludgershall Rural Report - August 01/08/2018-31/08/2018 Theft – 07/08/2018 Gilberts Piece Collingbourne Ducis - Unknown persons have entered the injured person’s van at location; and taken power tools to the value of £1,000. Enquiries carried out, no further police action. 11/08/2018 Jones Court, Netheravon - Unknown suspects have taken a Sony PlayStation 4 that were placed on the roof of the Victims car. Enquiries ongoing. 29/08/2018 Mcevoy Gardens, Ludgershall - Four unknown males have stolen a scaffolding tower from outside the address. They have taken it away in a transit van. Ongoing enquiries. 30/08/2018 Crown Inn Ludgershall – Unknown male has taken money from pub establishment. Ongoing enquiries. 31/08/2018 Bourne works, Collingbourne Ducis - Suspect is withholding items from victim of a high value, has told the IP that they have "disposed" of the items. Ongoing enquiries. Burglary – 01/08/2018 the stables, Lower Road Netheravon - Unknown suspect has broken the padlock off a communal shed housing items belonging to several neighbours. Several power tools taken, awaiting serial numbers. Enquiries ongoing. Drugs – 02/08/2018 Tidworth Road Ludgershall – one male arrested for driving whilst unfit, under influence of drugs – Investigation still ongoing. Anti-social behaviour – 02/08/2018 Andover Road, Ludgershall - Male arrested for drunk and disorderly behaviour, fixed penalty notice served. 12/08//2018 Hales Road, Netheravon - Unknown suspects have placed screws under victims car, believed to be on purpose. No damage as noticed beforehand. Enquiries carried out, no further police action. Vehicle Offences – 04/08/2018 West Chisenbury – Male arrested for driving without insurance, interviewed and awaiting court date. Target Patrols Ludgershall Town and Rural Patrols are ongoing at the following locations with 101 actions/patrols done: Dewey’s Lane, Ludgershall The Mughal Tandoori, Ludgershall Jubilee Gardens, Ludgershall The Chairman thanked PC Wileman for her report. 1. 33.18 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.15pm  A Member of the Public asked questions regarding speeding on the A338 in reply to which the Chairman explained the various actions that had been taken by the Parish Council , Wilts Council and the Police over a number of years and that regrettably speeding remains an issue.  The Council has a number of initiatives in the pipeline that may have an effect on speeding, but time will tell.  The same Member of the Public also asked questions regarding the ownership of the old Sunton Road (FP CD 25) and the responsibility for its maintenance.  The Council was unable to provide any definitive answers to these questions; however Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling asked the Member of the Public to write to him and he would try to find out the answers to his questions. Wilts Council Blair-Piling reported that the Electoral Boundary Review initial consultation runs 29 Aug - 5 Nov 18.  The number of Wilts Cllrs is to remain at 98 but there are likely to be changes to current Ward and hence Area Board boundaries.  Parish Council and individuals are encouraged to submit comments/views by letter, email or via the website at www.consultation.lgbce.uk .  The key criteria are that each Ward must be within 10% + or - of 4291 (the projected average number of voters in each ward by 2024).  Wards should reflect the identity and interests of the community and promote effective and convenient local government.   Wiltshire Council will be submitting its own proposal to the Commission within the same consultation period.  Councillor Blair-Pilling is a member of the Council's Electoral Review Committee and will be pleased to hear and discuss any views The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling for his report. The meeting reconvened at 7.55pm 1. 34.18  Finance Report:   The Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements, which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Millard seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: 1695  RBS Ltd (Accts Package 1 Aug 18) £142.80 (VAT 23.80) 1696 Idverde Ltd (Grounds maintenance and Bins 31 Jul 18) £527.60 (VAT £87.93)   1697 P Gill (Immotion Hosting Website Hosting & Domain Name 4 & 9 Jul 18) £156.93 1698 Mr P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps Jul 18) £383.29 1699 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE & Council's NI Jul 18) £95.80  1700 P Knowlson (Flowers 6 Aug 18) £30.00 1701 JRC Cleaning Svcs (Bus Shelters 15 Aug 18) £28.00 (VAT £4.67) 1702 Enham Vision FC (Pitch hire fee refund 16 Aug 18) £20.00 1703 Idverde Ltd (Grounds maintenance and Bins 31 Aug 18) £527.60 (VAT £87.93) 1704 Mr P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps Aug 18) £383.29 1705 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE & Council's NI Aug 18) £95.80  1706 SS E (Recreation Gd Eclectic  24 Aug 18) £19.89 (VAT £0.94) Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed nem con Internet Banking.  Having considered moving the bank account to internet banking Cllrs not to move. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Greenwood. Agreed nem con Action: Clerk. Grants requests.  Cllrs considered a grant request for £500.00 from Mr D Patterson for a Commemoration Event to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the signing of the Armistice at the end of WW1.  Although Cllrs were fully supportive of the event they decided not to give the £500.00 direct to an individual but decided instead that it would meet the costs of the event up to £500.00 as long as formal invoices were presented within a detailed list of expenditure post the event.  Moreover, Cllrs appointed Cllr Greenwood as the Council liaison Cllr for this event. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Greenwood. Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Greenwood 35.18 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following Planning Applications had been submitted since the last meeting: 18/06072/FUL. Erection of detached dwelling with associated parking, turning, landscaping, private amenity space and access arrangements at Land south of Station House, Cadley Road. 18/05624/VARVariation of condition 3 on K/13980 to allow the annex to be used as a separate unit of accommodation at Coombe House, Cadley Road. 18/06901/TCA - works to trees 1 Apple Tree - fell:  2 - Yew tree - remove one overhanging branch: 3 - Yew tree - cut back one overhanging branch by 6' (1.8m) at Rectory Cottage, Church Street Having previously considered the two applications Cllrs agreed to raise no objections. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 1. 36.18  Property Report:  Play Area Safety inspections.  The Clerk reported that the Annual RoSPA inspection is due in the next two weeks.  Cllr Knowlson reported that some of the tables and the slide required to be washed down and that he would do this within the next two weeks.  Cllr Knowlson reported the football goals were rotten and agreed to dispose of them.  The Clerk reported that only an under 11 team was using the football pitch this season and they had their own portable goals and on that basis Cllrs agreed not to purchase new goals at this time. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson Seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Action Cllr Knowlson Bench Repairs. Cllrs Knowlson reported that he had phoned Mr Mike Giles and was still awaiting a response on whether the "Men's Shed" could carry out the repairs. Action Cllr Knowlson War Memorial.  Cllr Dennis reported that M J Sly Stonemasons Ltd are preparing a qoute for the repairs with a view to the repairs being complete by 11 November 18. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Dennis Cricket Net Refurbishment.  Having considered a request from Collingbourne Cricket Club to refurbish the Cricket Nets on the Recreation ground Cllrs agreed to allow the refurbishment.   Agreed Nem con  Action:  Clerk 1. 37.18 Highway Matters: Parish Steward Scheme.  Cllr Greenwood reported that the scheme was still working well however all the Stewards had been engaged in other centralised work for the last month or so.  Cllr Dennis is meeting with the Steward on Fri 7 Sep 18 and has a list of jobs for him which includes clearing the drain cover on the Church Bends and Cadley Road. Action: Cllrs Greenwood& Dennis  Consultation of the Proposed Speed and Weight Limits. Cllrs agreed that this issue of writing a letter to Wilts Council and the local MP regarding the long term future of the A338 and the development of a cohesive strategy had been going on for far too long with no movement.  After discussion Cllrs agreed that a draft note written by Cllr Hartley should form the basis of the Council's letter and to that end the Chairman agreed to circulate Cllr Hartley's draft note to Cllrs prior to him sending the letter by the middle of September. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Millard. Agreed Nem con Action: Chairman Footpath CD 29.  Cllr Knowlson reported that a meeting with Wilts Council had been arranged for Fri 21 Sep to discuss highway works in the village and to set priorities. Cllr Millard agreed to attend and Cllr Greenwood agreed to attend if free. Action:  Cllrs Knowlson, Millard & Greenwood Cadley Road Traffic Calming.  As per the item above. Speed Indicator Devices (SID).   Cllr Dennis reported that he has researched the types and costs of various SIDs and will circulate the results to Cllrs for their consideration. Action: Cllr Dennis 1. 38.18 GENERAL MATTERS. Everleigh Household Recycling Centre (EHRC).  Cllrs noted that the consultation on the closure of the EHRC had closed on Mon 3 Sep 18 and that the result of the consultation will be published by Wilts Council in due course. Village Gates.  Cllr Knowlson reported that the company supplying the gates had been very slow in providing the detailed information that had been requested by Cllr Knowlson on behalf of Wilts Council.  However, the information has now been received and Cllr Knowlson will forward it on to Wilts ASP. Action:  Cllr Knowlson Xmas Big Brunch Sun 9 Dec 18.  Cllr Millard reported that all was in hand and that the format would be similar to previous years.  Action: Cllr Millard Future Projects for FY 19/20.  Cllr Hartley reported by email he had collated all project ideas and produced a survey that will invite parishioners to comment or add their own ideas. The intent is for this to be open through the month of Sept.  It is linked (https://goo.gl/forms/udHFage2uiiKN6CI2) and is on the PC website  The next steps will be at the Oct PC meeting will be for Cllr Hartley to present the results and provide broadly costed options that the Council can prioritise over the coming years (informed by the survey results). Action:  Cllr Hartley TCAP.  TCAP has invited the Council to have a representative on the Community Area Awards Committee and after discussion, Cllr Cockerton agreed to be the representative. Action:  Cllr Cockerton Complaints.  No complaints have been received that had not been addressed. 1. 39.18 Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Tuesday 30 October 2018.  The meeting closed at 21.05 pm. Signed: Chairman: