© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2018
Minutes of Meeting 4th January 2018
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOLON THURSDAY 4 JANUARY 2018 AT 7.30 pm     Present:  Cllr P Knowlson (Chairman), Cllr K Millard, Cllr T Greenwood, Cllr D Dennis. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Mr P Hartley (Co-optee) and four members of the public. 1. Apologies:   Cllr L Gomes, Cllr R Haverson (Vice Chairman), Cllr A Smith, Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling and PCSO M Downham. 1. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: The success of the Xmas Big Brunch and to offer Cllr Millard the thanks of the Council for all his hard work in making it happen. 1. 53.17  Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 2 November 2017 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.   Proposed by Cllr Millard seconded by Cllr Knowlson                Agreed nem con 54.17  Matters arising.  None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 55.17  Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  Cllr Dennis declared a pecuniary interest in planning application 17/11119/TCA - Planning Consultation - works to trees in CA -Tudor House, High Street at item 61.17. 1. 56.17 CO-OPTION.  Having considered an application from Mr P Hartley and having confirmed that he had met the statutory (LGA 1972 Sect 79 & 80) eligibility requirements he was co-opted as a Member of the Council.  Cllr Hartley then signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office (LGA 1972 Sect 83).  The Clerk informed Cllr Hartley of the legal requirement to complete a Register Interests Form on Wiltshire Council’s Website within 28 days of signing the Declaration of Acceptance of Office. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed nem con 1. 57.17 Policing Issues.  In the absence of a police representative the Chairman summarised the monthly report submitted by the PCSO Downham: A total of 20 drug dealers from Salisbury have this week been sentenced following an operation targeting class A drug supply in the city. Detective Inspector Paul Franklin said “The aim of the operation was to target the supply of class A drugs coming in to the city, and by taking out so many dealers in just two days we were able to disrupt and dismantle a number of chains of supply. A number of these people were from out of town (as far afield as Nottingham & London), and had come to the city to exploit some of our most vulnerable drug users.  By carrying out these raids, we were able to remove these people from our streets, and provide support to the most vulnerable members of our society.  “During the raids, we found a number of vulnerable people who were being cuckooed. They were being kept in their homes and had been threatened with violence if they went to police." Current Priorities Theft from Motor VehiclesThis new priority for the whole patch has been agreed prior to the up and coming NTG Meetings for Amesbury/Durrington/Tidworth/LudgershallFollowing a slight increase in Vehicles offences, it has been decided that this needs to be in place. In particular work vans are being broken into with an unknown device.  According to some local companies this is happening over all of the South West. Some analytical work has commenced.  Pc Wileman and the PCSO’s will commence crime prevention work shortly. Numbers are low locally at the moment and we wish to keep it this way.  The beauty spot signs which Area Board funded have now arrived, Pc Wileman is now co-ordinating the signs being put up at the areas which were targeted earlier this year. Target Patrols Op Eskimo was launched on the 8 th  December.  The aim of this was to mount a visible uniformed operation, supported by plain clothes officers in local town centres prior to Christmas Day by working at certain times and targeting identified stores which have a high shoplifting rate. By working in conjunction with partner agencies in the town in order to try and identify known and potential offenders and to dissuade them from committing offences.  To date 13 patrols actions have taken place, Purse chains and crime prevention leaflets have been handed out.  Further patrols of Chrystal Palace and New Zealand Farm, Upper Chute were set up on the 18 th  December due to two thefts in one week.  This makes a total of 8 thefts from this farm in 6 months. To date 3 patrols/ Actions have taken place.  Patrols of Aughton Farm and Parsonage Farm were set up on the 19 th  December due to several reports of Hare Coursing across the farms Local Crimes Public Order – On the 18 th  Dec the reporting person has had a traffic near miss with an unknown suspect, who got out of his car and approached the RP's passenger window, shouting and displaying aggressive body language. The suspect shouted "WHAT WERE YOU DOING?", "I'VE GOT ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO STAY HERE" and "HOW DID YOU NOT SEE ME?" The nature of the suspect's shouting and body language caused the RP to feel intimidated. The RP then closed his car window and drove away. This has been closed as undetected. RTC – On the 8 th  Dec on the junction of A338 and A342 between a car and lorry, both drivers negative for drink or drugs, car driver taken to hospital as a precaution but confirmed sustained no injuries. On the 14 th  Dec on West Farm Close car v motorized tricycle. Rider of tricycle attended hospital for check over.  Relevant paperwork submitted. Theft – On 22 nd  December unknown suspect has used unknown means to cut a padlock from a gate to a field at Westhill Farm.    Action:  Cllr Haverson  1.  58.17  Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.10 pm Members of  the public asked question regarding the  consultation of the Proposed Speed and Weight Limits changes in the Tidworth and Ludgershall area to which the Chairman replied by saying that he had written to Wilts Council outlining the negative effects of the changes on the village road infrastructure and the general well being of the villagers. He informed the public that this was an agenda item and their comments would be taken into account at that point.  Further questions were asked regarding speeding in Cadley road and the Metro Count location and subsequent results the Chairman replied that once again this was an agenda item and that their comments would be taken into account at that time.  The Chairman  thanked the members of the public for attending and for their considered questions and comments. Wilts Cllr Blair-Piling reported by email that at this point he did not  have any significant report to make,  other than to say that he is  very aware of concerns regarding the current level of service and implications for the future of Everleigh HRC.  He regards it as a priority issue, which he intends to address in conjunction with his neighbouring councillors.  He asked Cllrs to consider whether or not it would be of value to you for him to invite Chairman and Clerks to meet informally with him (and our Community Engagement Manager  – Marc Read) say twice a year, or as an item occurs, to help draw out common issues and approaches.  Cllrs took the view that this was a good idea as long as Wilts Councillor Blair- Pilling continues to attend Council Meetings on a regular basis. The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling for his report and for help in resolving a number of issues that had been raised to him by the Council. The meeting reconvened at 7.40 pm 1. 59.17 Finance Report: The Chairman of the Finance Cttee reported that the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Knowlson Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: 1646 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses 7 Nov 17) £364.13 1647 HM Revenue & Customs (PAYE & NI 7 Nov 17) £91.00 1648 Grant Thornton (Audit Fees 31 Oct 17) £120.00 (VAT £20.00) 1649 JRC Cleaning (Bus Shelters 11 Nov 17) £28.00 (VAT £4.00) 1650 The Courier (Xmas Big Brunch Flyer) £6.00 1651 Idverde Ltd (Grounds Maintenance 29 Nov 17) £527.60 (VAT £87.93) 1652 SSE Ltd (Recreation Gd Electricity 29 Nov 17) ££24.75 (VAT £1.17)  165 3 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses 7 Nov 17) £364.13 1654 HM Revenue & Customs (PAYE& NI 7 Nov 17) £91.00 1656 P Knowlson (PVC Gloves 14 Nov 17) £12.90 (VAT £2.15) 1657 K Millard (Xmas Brunch Reimbursement 20 Dec 17) £646.79 (VAT £25.67) 1658 Idverde Ltd (Grounds Maintenance 29 Dec 17) £527.60 (VAT £87.93) Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Millard Agreed nem con FY 18/19.  Having considered and scrutinised in detail a draft budget prepared by the Clerk Cllrs accepted the budget with minor amendments.  It was then agreed that based on the amended budget the Precept for FY 18/19 be set at £21496.22.  This is an increase in the Precept of 3% on FY 17/18, which is in line with the Retail Price Index measure for September 2017 the figure used in accordance with normal Government practice.  However, the Precept allows £4K for a possible but yet to be identified project in FY 18/19 or to form the basis of a fund for a larger project in FYs 20-22. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Millard Following a vote there were 4 for and 1 abstention. Action:  Clerk Grant Requests.  No grant requests received. 1. 60.17 Property Report:  The Chairman of the Property Cttee presented a property report covering the following: Communal Areas Inspection.  The Clerk informed Cllrs that the Jet washing of the skate board ramps and the cutting overhanging branches had been completed.  As the contractor had indicated that the ground repair at the Knapp be delayed until the weather was more suitable which may be in March or possibly April Cllrs agreed that this work could be invoiced and paid for in this FY. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed nem con Action:  Clerk Play Area Inspections.  Cllr Knowlson reported although no inspection had been carried out this month he was not aware of any issues or faults at this time. Recreation Ground.  Having previously considered a request from The Collingbourne Cricket Club (CCC) regarding, broadleaf weed infestation weed killing treatment and having now received a quote of £265.00 + VAT.  Cllrs accepted the quote and agreed that based on the quote that the CCC’s share would be 60% of £265.00 = £159.00 and the PC’s share would be 40% of £265 = £106.00.  Cllrs further agreed that the Council be invoiced for the full amount and the CCC's share be recovered at a later date.  As the contractor had indicated that weed killing treatment be delayed until the weather was more suitable which may be in March or possibly April Cllrs agreed that this work could be invoiced and paid for in this FY. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Greenwood. Action:  Clerk 1. 61.17 Planning Report.  The Chairman reported that the following planning applications had been received from Wilts Council: 17/11057/TCA.  Planning Consultation - works to trees in CA at Lothlorien, Ludgershall Road. 17/11119/TCA - Planning Consultation - works to trees in CA -Tudor House, High Street. Having previously considered the applications and having noted Cllr Dennis pecuniary interest the Planning Committee had agreed not to raise any objections or comments.  Cllrs note the Chairman's report. Action: Cllr Gomes 1. 62.17 Highway Matters: Consultation of the Proposed Speed and Weight Limits.  Having noted that the Chairman had written to Wilts Council outlining the negative effects of the changes on the village road infrastructure and the general well being of the Villagers and taken into account the comments made by the public earlier in the meeting Cllrs agreed that the Chairman should write to the local MP and Wilts Cllr requesting that they take up the matter of the long term future of the A338 and its impact on the this Village and other Villages on the A338 between the M4 and the A303 with a view to developing a cohesive strategy to draw down funds from Central Government in order to mitigate the detrimental effects arising from the expected increased use of the A338.  Cllr Dennis agreed to draw up the first draft of this letter and to circulate it for comment. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Millard. Action:  Chairman and Cllr Dennis Letter to the Highways Portfolio Holder.  Cllrs agreed that this letter had been overtaken by events and the issues identified would be articulated by the Chairman in his letter mentioned in the paragraph above. Action:  Chairman Cadley Road.  Having considered the results of the Metro Count on Cadley Road and noted the comments made by the public earlier in the meeting in particular the incorrect location of the Metro Count and the fact that to date 77% of residents in Cadley Road had signed up to a request for a reduction of the 30 MPH speed limit on Cadley Road to 20 MPH.  Cllrs advised the members of the public that as they had requested the Metro Count they should go back to Wiltshire Council with a request for the count be done again but this time in the correct location and that they should try to get the remainder of the Cadley Road residents to sign up to the speed reduction request.  On the basis of what they had heard from the public Cllrs agreed to support the speed reduction request and they directed the Clerk to contact the TCATG with a view to the request being considered by the TCATG at its meeting on Monday 15 th  January at 5:30pm in Tidworth Leisure Centre.  Moreover, Cllrs have put a line in the FY 18/19 budget to part fund a feasibility study. Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Dennis. Agreed nem con Action: Clerk Parish Steward Scheme.  Cllr Greenwood reported that he and Cllr Dennis have yet to make contact with the Parish Steward but confirmed that he will do so before the next visit of the Parish Steward which is due on 18 January. Action: Cllr Greenwood Footpath CD 29.  The Clerk reported that he was still waiting to hear from the ROW Officer at Wilts Council.  regarding recommendations on the on the way forward with the repair which could include Wilts Council and this Council sharing the repair costs and as a last resort the Footpath being closed.  Wilts Cllr Blair-Piling agreed to get a rough order of costs from the ROW Officer with a view to the Council making a decision on the way forward.  The Clerk highlighted the existence of the Wilts Council Paths Improvement Grant Scheme (PIGS) which may be a source of funding. Action:  Clerk & Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling Footpath Request.  Cllr Dennis reported that he tried on a number of occasions to make contact with the villager who requested that a footpath made near her home to allow her safe access to the village amenities but he had failed to get any answer when he called at the door of the villager.  He agreed to try again in the coming weeks.  The Cllrs thanked Cllr Dennis and directed the Clerk to write again to the Villager offering to set up a meeting. Action:  Cllr Dennis & Clerk 1. 63.17  General. Emergency Contacts List.  Cllr Greenwood tabled his latest draft of the Contacts list which Cllrs endorsed authorised the request for distribution via The Courier at a cost not to exceed £10.00. Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Dennis. Agreed nem con          Action:  Cllr Greenwood General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).  In the absence of Cllr Gomes the Clerk informed Cllrs that Cllr Gomes is working on drawing up a "GDPR Statement of Intent" for the Council and that she had proposed that she be the Council's Data Protection Officer (DPO).  Cllrs noted that the implementation date of 23 May 18 is moving closer and Cllrs requested that Cllr Gomes circulates the "GDPR Statement of Intent" ASP to Cllrs for comment in order that the matter can be moved forward. Action:  Cllr Gomes Xmas Big Brunch.  Cllr Millard reported that the Xmas Big Brunch had been a great success and had come in well under budget and he proposed a thank you to everyone who assisted with the event and those firms, organisations and individuals who made financial contributions. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Dennis. Agreed nem con Action:  Cllrs Millard & Smith. Village Gates.  Cllr Dennis reported that he had been unable to progress this item due the pressure of work.  However, he agreed to reinvigorate the item and reminded Cllrs that they can view the various designs at https://uk.glasdon.com/road-safety-street-lighting/gateway/glasdon- gateway?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3aHu4NOf1wIVybztCh2KCgJcEAAYASAAEgJCr_D_BwE Moreover, he had sent out a draft design for comment and was planning to proceed with that design.  He also agreed to look at possible locations and numbers of gates and then to circulate his findings and recommendations for approval in order that the gates can be ordered, installed and invoiced before 31 Mar 18. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Knowlson. Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Dennis Second Defibrillator.  Cllr Knowlson briefed the other Cllrs on his view that there was a requirement for a second defibrillator in the village.  Cllrs noted his view and indicated that it could be a project for FY 18/19 and that Cllr Knowlson should further investigate the costs, possible location and any external funding that might be available. Action:  Cllr Knowlson Future Projects for FY 19/20.  Cllr Knowlson asked Cllrs to start thinking about possible projects for FY 19/20 and beyond in order that they could be properly planned and funded.  Cllr Hartley asked a number of questions about which kind of projects might be considered suitable by the Council. Action:  All Cllrs Complaints.  No complaints have been received. Action: Clerk 1. 64.17  Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 15 March 2018   The meeting closed at 21.00pm. Signed: Chairman: