© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2018
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE VILLAGE HALL ON TUESDAY 30 OCTOBER 2018 AT 7.00pm     Present:  Cllr Knowlson (Chairman), Cllr P Hartley (Vice Chairman) , Cllr Haverson, Cllr Dennis, Cllr Greenwood, Cllr Millard and Cllr Cockerton, In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk) 1. Apologies:  Cllr Gomes. Absent:  None 1. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: 11 November Remembrance Service and Commemorations event at which Cllr Hartley is representing the Council. He reminded Cllrs to check that their distribution lists were up to date as they need to by GDPR complainant. 1. 42.18   Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Parish Council held Meetings on 6 September and 1 October 2018 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Knowlson              Agreed nem con 43.18.   Matters arising.  None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 44.18 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  None declared. 1. 45.18  Co-Options.  None received. 1. 46.18 Policing Issues.  PCSO L George  sent a report by email a summary of which follows:  Op Aston took place on Sunday 9th September and aims to tackle illegal activity on Salisbury Plain Training Area (SPTA), including off roaders in areas not permitted to the public and people contravening the by-laws.  The operation deals with illegal activity occurring on the day, but also acts as future deterrent helping to educate people about how to safely and lawfully enjoy Salisbury Plain.  Throughout the operation, which was jointly run by Wiltshire Police and the MOD as members of the Wiltshire Rural crime partnership, officers stopped over 20 vehicles.  Four motorcycles were seized for being driven with no insurance, three fixed penalty notices were issued for vehicles being driven off road without landowner permission with the drivers issued section 59 warnings for antisocial or inconsiderate driving. Any Relevant Incidents for Collingbourne for September 2018. Nil This   link   will   allow   you   to   check   stats   in   more   detail   for   your   area,   and   all   surrounding   areas.      https://www.police.uk/          If   you   wish   further   detail   please   contact   your   local officers – PCSO Amy Jones & PCSO Luke George Email: amy.jones@wiltshire.pnn.police.uk  & luke.george@wiltshire.pnn.police.uk The Chairman thanked PCSO George for his report. 1. 47.18 Adjournment for public comments/questions7.10pm  Wilts Cllr Ian Blair-Pilling reported the following by email: The closure of the Everleigh HRC and the reasons underpinning the decision which were running costs and usage levels.  It is worth noting that there were over 1300 responses and that the date for closure is TBC.  The early findings of the Electoral Boundary Review initial consultation, which runs 29 Aug - 5 Nov 18 are the possible grouping of the Everleigh, The Collingbournes and Chutes and North Ludgershall into an Electoral division the title  of which is TBC if and when the Division is confirmed.  He is trying to arrange a Workshop with Nick Cowan the Officer at Wilts Council who is responsible for Highways and Byways.  The aim of the Workshop would be for Nick Cowan to explain to Parish Council representatives what can and cannot be done and what can realistically be funded and for the representatives to put questions to Nick Cowan. The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling in his absence for his report. The meeting reconvened at 7.15pm 1. 48.18  Finance Report:   The Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements, which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Millard seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: 1707 P Gill (Storage Boxes 10 Sep 18) £12.00 (VAT £2.00) 1709 Idverde Ltd (Grounds maintenance and Bins 30 Sep 18) £527.60 (VAT £87.93) 1710 Mr P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps Sep 18) £383.09 1711 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE & Council's NI Sep 18) £96.00   BS09 DD.  Public Works Loan Interest 1 Oct 18) £1328.13 1712 Mr P Gill (Tesco Paper & Envelopes 3 Oct 18) £7.00 (VAT £1.17) 1713 Playsafety Ltd (Annual RoSPA Insp of Play Areas & Eqpt 8 Oct 18) £176.40 (VAT £29.40) 1714 T Greenwood (War Memorial Maintenance 1 Oct 18) £60.00 1715 The Courier (Flyer Printing 15 Oct 18) £30.00 1716 T Greenwood (Plants for War Memorial 11 Sep 18) £34.58 (VAT £5.77) 1717 T Greenwood (Tree & Accessories WW1 Commemoration 14 Sep 18) £41.75 (VAT £6.96) 1718 P Gill (Stamps 20 Oct 18) £13.92) 1719 P Knowlson (WW1 Commemoration Tree 24 Oct 18) £33.98 (VAT £0 .83) Note Receipt of payment of Public Works Loan Interest from CD VH Trust £1328.13 1720 Idverde Lt (Works on the Recreation Ground 25 Oct 18 ) 605.40 (VAT £121.08) 1721 P Hartley (Remembrance Wreath 24 Oct 18) £22.98 (VAT £3.83) Note Receipt of payment of Public Works Loan Interest from CD VH Trust £1328.13 Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed nem con Defibrillator.  Having considered purchasing a defibrillator Cllrs agreed to in principle to purchase another defibrillator.  However, the location and availability of grant fund is to be confirmed by Cllr Knowlson prior to purchase. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Millard Agreed nem con Recreation Ground Hire Fee.  Having considered charging a hire fee for the use the Recreation Ground  Cllrs agreed to maintain the status quo (£5.00 per session) in order for the for the "Pink Gorilla Fitness" to get established. Budget & Precept FY 19/20. The Clerk reminded Cllrs that the Budget & Precept for FY 19/20 are be set at the next Council Meeting on 3rd January 2019 and that all funding requirements should be notified to the Clerk at least 7 days before the meeting. Grants requests.  No requests received. . 49.18 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following Planning Applications had been submitted since the last meeting: 18/08305/OUT Planning Application Erection of a detached dwelling and detached garage (Outline application in relation to access) at Land North of 7 West Farm Close.  Having previously considered the this application  above Cllrs agreed to raise no objections. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 18/09658/FULProposed single carport at 3- Ailesbury Cottages, Church Street.  Having considered the this application Cllrs agreed to object on the basis that the carport is out of keeping with this historical area of the village and that it impedes the view from No 3. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 18/08304/FUL.  Demolition of garages and erection of two dwellings and associated works. Garage site adjacent 22 Saxon Rise.  Having considered this application Cllrs agreed to object to this application on the basis that the objects previously raised have not been addressed. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 50.18  Property Report:  Play Area Safety inspections.  Having considered the annual RoSPA Play Safety Inspection Reports and a briefing from Cllr Knowlson Cllrs agreed that Cllr Knowlson was to speak to the maintenance contractor regarding repairs to the ground on the Knapp and the possibility of laying safety matting and minor repairs to some of the play equipment. Cllrs further agreed that the remainder of the works are to be carried out on a self help basis by a village works party in the spring of 2019. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson Seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Action Cllr Knowlson Bench Repairs. Cllrs Knowlson reported that these repairs would added to the list of jobs for the spring 2019 works party.   Action Cllr Knowlson War Memorial.  Cllr Dennis is still working on getting quotes for repairs to the War Memorial and is looking into grant funding. Action: Cllr Dennis 51.18 Highway Matters: Parish Steward Scheme.  Cllr Greenwood reported that the scheme was still working well and outlined future tasks.  After discussion, Cllrs agreed that Cllr Cockerton was to take over the responsibility for liaising with and tasking the Parish Steward.  Action: Cllrs Cockerton Consultation of the Proposed Speed and Weight Limits.  Cllr Knowlson reported that he had written to other PC Chairmaen that sit along the A338/A364 corridor regarding the increase in traffic flow, noise, pollution and safety risks with view to drafting a letter highlighting these concerns to be signed by all of the PC Chairs for sending to the local MP.  Cllrs were keen to see this through, as it would form part of a wider strategy to improve road safety across the village by reducing speeding, introducing of traffic calming measures and the erection of village gates. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Millard. Agreed Nem con Action: Chairman Footpath CD 29.  The ownership of this FP remains unclear as Wilts County Highways say they do not own yet the Wilts County ROW Officer appears to accept that Wilts County do own but have no funds to repair it.  However, the Parish Council e will investigate repairs in sections as part of the future projects considerations. During a discussion with Wilts County Highway Officers they indicated that a private hedge was impinging on the free movement along the footpath opposite FP 29 and requested that the Parish Council write to the owner of the hedge requesting that they trim it back to the edge of the footpath furthest from the A338.   Cllr Knowlson agreed to write to the owner. Action : Cllr Knowlson. Cadley Road Traffic Calming & Speed Indicator Devices (SID).  Cllr Knowlson reported on the outcome of a meeting with Wilts County Highways Officers who made it quite clear that the proposals being sought by the residents and the Council were unaffordable. This leaves the SID option which Cllr Dennis reported that he is still researching the types and costs of various SIDs. and possible grant funding.  Action: Cllr Dennis 1. 52.18 GENERAL MATTERS. Village Gates.  Cllr Knowlson reported that it has become clear that the only way that this project is going to go ahead is to get Wilts County to do the work and at the same time to ask them for a grant.  Cllrs agreed that this route should be followed with a view to getting the gates in place and invoiced before the 31 Mar 19. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Millard. Agreed Nem con Action: Cllr Knowlson Xmas Big Brunch Sun 9 Dec 18.  Cllr Millard reported that the flyer had been produced and would be ready for circulation in the very near future and that miscellaneous items had been purchased.  He requested help with setting up on the day before and help on the day to run the event and for raffle prize donations.  Otherwise, all is in hand and that the format would be similar to previous years.  Action: Cllr Millard Future Projects for FY 19/20.  Cllr Hartley tabled a report on the "Project Consultation Survey" that he had conducted via the Council's website during Sep & Oct and to which there had been 75 responses.  The consultation had listed 10 potential projects and asked responders to offer a view as to which of the ten they would like to see and to add other suggestions.  The Top 4 in order were Traffic Calming on A338 & Cadley Road, Outdoor Fitness equipment on the Recreation Ground, Tidy up of Foliage on Village Footpaths and a A338/Everleigh Road Bus Shelter.   The A338& Cadley road are part of a wider strategy (see item 51.18 above) and are at the forefront of the Council's collective mind.  Cllr Hartley will now cost the Fitness equipment and the Bus Shelter report back to the Council by 3rd January 2019.  The footpaths are to be tackled over the winter by the Parish Steward and by a village works party in the spring of 2019.   A copy of the "Response Cover Sheet" have been posted on the Notice Board and the PC website. The Cllrs thanked Cllr Hartley for this excellent piece of work copies. Action: Cllr Hartley Complaints.  No complaints have been received that had not been addressed. 1. 53.18 Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 3 January 2019.  The meeting closed at 21.50 pm. Signed: Chairman: