Minutes of Meeting 14th March 2019
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE VILLAGE HALL ON Thursday 14 March 2019 AT 7.00pm     Present:  Cllr Knowlson (Chairman), Cllr P Hartley (Vice Chairman), ,Cllr Millard, Cllr Gomes and Cllr Cockerton. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk) Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling and one member of the public. 1. Apologies:  Cllr Greenwood, Cllr Dennis, Cllr Haverson. Absent:  None 1. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman. drew attention to or spoke on the following: This is Cllr Millard's last meeting and the Chairman thanked Cllr Millard for his work during his tenure as a Cllr and wished him well for the future. 1. 66.18   Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 2 January 2019 having been previously circulated and with one minor amendment were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Hartley seconded by Cllr Knowlson              Agreed nem con 67.18.   Matters arising.  None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 68.18 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  Cllr Millard declared a pecuniary interest in planning applications 19/02261/TCA Apple tree - crown reduce by 1m all round at Rectory Cottage, Church Street.  1. 69.18  Co-Options.  None received. 70.18 Policing Issues.  .  No report received; however the Clerk informed Cllrs that the following points had been extracted from a Police report presented to a TAB Meeting on Mon 4 Mar 19. Local priorities are theft and antisocial behaviour in and around The Tidworth Leisure Centre. The MOD Police has been reinstated at Westdown Camp.  However, Cllr Wheeler- Mallows informed Cllrs that meeting the full manning liability is proving difficult at this point in time. The next Tidworth/Ludgershall Neighbourhood tasking Group Meeting is planned for May 14th at the Garrison Theatre in Tidworth at 1430hrs.   The Southern Area of responsibility is being split into separate Salisbury and Amesbury areas. 1. 71.18 Adjournment for public comments/questions7.24pm  A member of the public spoke in support of planning application 19/01105/FUL Demolition of existing bungalow and replacement with a single dwelling at 912 Church Street. Wilts Cllr Blair-Piling presented the following report:  The biggest item on the Council’s agenda in the past few weeks has been the budget.  We continue to balance the budget and meet the increasing volume of demand and increasing costs of delivery, while entering the first year with our Government grant reduced to zero by efficiency savings of £25M and raising Council tax by 2.99%.   It is notable that the independent scrutiny started earlier and was historically the most open exercise ever.  As a result not a single £1 was challenged at Council.  As additional good news has also received additional and targeted funding for specific service areas from central government and has put aside its own local funding to invest in these and other critical services.  The Council will be investing £21m in the highways resurfacing programme across the county in 2019/20. In addition, it has the £8m Pothole Fund which is being used to deliver improvements to local highways maintenance, including the repair of potholes, minor patching, white lining, weed removal, sign replacement and numerous other activities to improve the general appearance of our highways and pavements.  It is also investing £12m over the next 2 years to replace the old sodium streetlights with LED lights which will help save over £1m a year in electricity costs and also reduce our CO2 emissions by 1,770 tCO2 p.a. The LED lighting has a dimming capability and lights will be dimmed after 11pm.  We have good news in other service areas.  This is particularly important in children's services.  98% of our children are being allocated a place at their first choice of secondary school.  The Council is also continuing to invest in the health of our children and is one of very few Councils in the Country to provide free swimming for the under 16s during the school holidays.  Not only that but we still have the same number of swimming pools that we had in 2009 (when Wiltshire Council was created) for our residents and our children to swim in.  Add to all of this that several of these swimming pools are newly built or totally refurbished – notably the one that opened recently in Pewsey. Electoral Review.  Council Decision on its comments 24 March.  Names:  Avon Valley & Ludgershall North. Rural Paths For All.  Initial Workshop as first hour of Tidworth Area Board meeting Wed 15 May at Collingbourne Ducis Village Hall.  He also informed Cllrs that flooding of the road drains near "Sally Lunns" had been looked at, but had been deemed to not be a danger to road users or the occupants of "Sally Lunns".  However, the issue is still on the Wilts Council radar for further investigation.  The meeting reconvened at 7.34pm 1. 72.18  Finance Report:   The Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements, which the Cllrs accepted. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: 1735 Mr F Andrews (Back up disc 4 Jan 19) £44.99 (VAT £7.50) 1736 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps Dec 18) £435.11 1737 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE Dec 18) £108.60 1738 P Gill (Printer Cartridges 8 Jan 19) £24.00 (VAT £4.00) 1739 Idverde Ltd (Grounds maintenance and Bins Jan 19) £527.60 (VAT £87.93)  1740 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps Jan 19) £383.09 1741 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE Jan 19) £96.00 1742 JRC Cleaning Svcs Ltd (Bus Shelters 19 Feb 19) £28.00 (VAT £4.67) 1743 SSE (Rec Gd Electric 27 Feb 19) £30.20 (VAT£ 1.44) 1744 Idverde Ltd (Grounds maintenance and Bins Feb 19) £527.60 (VAT £87.93) 1745 Idverde Ltd (Finger Post erection Feb 19) £115.20 (VAT £19.20) 1746 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps Feb 18) £383.29 1747 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE Feb 19) £95.80 1478 Wel Medical Ltd (Defibrillator 28 Feb 19) £1500 (VAT £250.00) 1479 Tidworth & Ludgershall Men's Shed (Donation for repairs to Finger post Mar 19) £500.00 Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con. Defibrillator.  Cllr Knowlson reported that the 3rd defibrillator had been received.  However, the location is to be confirmed by Cllr Knowlson. Action:  Cllr Knowlson Speed Indicator Devices (SID).  As Cllr Dennis was not in attendance this item was deferred to the next meeting. Action:  Cllr Dennis Village Gates.  Cllr Knowlson reported that all was now in hand with the work expected to start in May 19. Action Cllr Knowlson Projects for FY 19/20.  Cllr Hartley reported that as result of his survey and further work he identified a number of possible sites for the fitness equipment and quotes from five companies for the supplying and installation of the fitness equipment.  He then took Cllrs through the pros and cons of each site and the quotes.  After lengthy  and detailed discussion Cllrs agreed that the most suitable site was the one in the vicinity of the grassed BMX humps and that Cllr Hartley was to do some more detail work with three of the companies with a view to him making recommendations by email to the Cllrs by 16 Apr on which quote to accept in order that Cllrs would be in a position to make a firm decision at the next meeting.  Moreover, he agreed to research possible grant funding.  Cllrs thanked Cllr Hartley for the time and effort that he had put into this project to date. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem com Action:  Cllr Hartley Grants requests.  Having considered making a grant to the Ludgershall Mens' Shed Group Cllrs agreed to make a donation of £500.00 to cover the expenses incurred in the repair of the Village Finger post sign. Proposed by Cllr Hartley seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con Action Clerk 1. 73.18 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following Planning Applications had been submitted since the last meeting: 18/12049/ FUL.  Bungalow on land to the north of Station House 18/10933/FUL Farm building Sunnyhill Farm. 19/01439/FUL single Storey rear extension at 4 Gilberts Piece 19/00378/FUL.  Proposed dwelling at 2 New Cottages, Sunton 19/01105/Ful.  Demolition of existing bungalow and replacement with a single dwelling at 912 Church Street. 19/02261/TCA Apple tree - crown reduce 1m all round at Rectory Cottage, Church Street, 1901669FUL.  Front Porch at 9 Bourne Rise. Having considered or previously considered the applications above Cllrs agreed to raise no objections. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Gomes 18/09658/FUL PLANNING APPEAL - - 3 Ailesbury Cottages, Church Street, Collingbourne Ducis - APP/Y3940/D/18/3219643.  Cllrs noted that the appeal had been lodged on 19 Feb 19 and that a decision is awaited. 1. 74.18  Property Report:  Play Area Safety inspections.  Cllr Knowlson reported that no monthly inspection report had been received from the contractor (now received) and that he had been unable to conduct an inspection.  However, he was not aware of any unidentified issues.  to install safety Surface at the Knapp Play Area Cllr Knowlson further reported that he had requested tenders from the contractor to carry out work to install safety Surface at the Knapp Play Area at however, the costs were very high and after discussion Cllrs agreed to defer the item to a future meeting in order that possible funding schemes could be investigated.  Self- help Repairs and Spring Clean.  Cllr Knowlson reported still has a tentative plan for the remainder of the works, including the bench repairs, are to be carried out on a self-help basis in conjunction with a spring clean of the Recreation Ground by a village works party in the spring of 2019 and that he will send out a list of tasks. Cllr Cockerton agreed to refurbish the Teen Shelter.  Proposed by Cllr Knowlson Seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action Cllr Knowlson and Cockerton War Memorial.  As Cllr Dennis was not in attendance the getting of quotes for repairs to the War Memorial or possible grant funding this item was deferred to the next meeting. Action:  Cllr Dennis 1. 75.18 Highway Matters: Parish Steward Scheme.  Cllr Cockerton reported that the scheme was still working well.  He explained that there were issues with the cleaning of gullies but those that could be cleaned had been cleaned as best as possible. Once the next visit date is known Cllr Cockerton will contact Cllr with a view to identifying areas of work for the Steward.   Action: Cllr Cockerton Consultation of the Proposed Speed and Weight Limits.  Cllr Knowlson reported that he was now in a position to draft a letter highlighting the increase in traffic flow, noise, pollution and safety risks along the A338/A364 corridor for sending to the local MP.  Action: Chairman Footpath CD 29.  Cllrs agreed that there was no way forward on this item and deemed it closed. Cadley Road Traffic Calming.  This now sits with Wilts Council and Cllr Knowlson reported that he expects to receive an update at the CATG meeting. Action:  Cllr Knowlson 1. 76.18 GENERAL MATTERS. Litter Pick Sat 6 Apr 19.  Cllr Knowlson reported that volunteers are required and Cllrs agreed the purchase of 10 litter picker tools at a cost not to exceed £100.00. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Gomes. Agreed: nem con Action:  Cllr Knowlson Xmas Big Brunch.  Having considered a date and lead Cllr; Cllrs agreed that Cllrs Gomes & Cockerton be the joint leads and that they confirm a date by the next meeting.  Action:  Cllrs Gomes & Cockerton Electoral Review.  Having considered the draft recommendations for local government electoral boundaries Cllrs agreed to note the recommendations which had a very limited impact on the Parish.  Complaints.  In response to a question from Cllr Gomes regarding complaints that she had received about the caravans, bonfires and scrap metal in around Bales Yard Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling replied that enforcement action was in hand under 17/00024/ENF, but explained that it is a long drawn out process.” 1. 77.18 Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 9 May 2019 following the Annual Parish Meeting that starts at 7.00pm. The meeting closed at 21.20 pm. Signed: Chairman: