© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2020
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING AT 7.00 pm. ON TUESDAY 13 JULY 2021 Present: Cllrs P Knowlson (Chairman), D Dennis (Vice Chair), S Batley, J Wood, K Bell and S Lyons In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr C Williams. 1. Apologies. Cllr L Gomes. 1. 22.21. Chairman’s Announcements. The Chairman welcomed everyone and especially Cllr Bell. He then announced or spoke on the following: the COVID -19 impact on the functioning of the Council and the mitigation that has been put in place to reduce the impact. The resignation of Cllr Arnold. 1. 23.21 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests. None declared. 1. 24.21 Co-Options. Having considered applications from P Hartley and having confirmed that he met the statutory (LGA 1972 Sect 79 & 80) eligibility requirements Cllrs RESOLVED to Co-opt P Hartley as a Member of the Council. Cllrs directed the Clerk to arrange for Cllr Hartley to sign his Declaration of Acceptance of Office (LGA 1972 Sect 83) and to inform him that he cannot act as a Cllr until he has signed his Declaration of Acceptance of Office and of the legal requirement to complete a Register of Interests Form on Wiltshire Council’s Website within 28 days of signing the Declaration of Acceptance. Action: Cllr Hartley & Clerk. 1. 25.21 Minutes of the last meeting. Having reviewed the minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on 17 May .2021 Cllrs RESOLVED to approve the minutes as a true and accurate record of the meeting and for the Chairman to sign them as soon as was practicable. Action: Chairman & Clerk 26.21. Matters arising. None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 27.21 Police Report and Policing Issues. Police Inspector Tina Osbourn sent the following by email: Firstly, I would like to introduce myself, I am the Amesbury Neighbourhood Inspector, and I am responsible for the neighbourhood team in the area. I am also the Neighbourhood Inspector for the Salisbury area. Also new to the Amesbury Neighbourhood team is Sgt Steve Jolly. I have copied him into this email so that you all have his details. We would like to advise you that we will be changing how we update you every month. Instead of providing a monthly Parish Report we will be sharing our consultation dates and neighbourhood priorities for the month and highlighting any significant crime/incidents or trends which have been reported to us in your areas. We will inform you of any action we are taking or have taken in relation to this. I am hoping that you will be able to share this information in your Parish Council Magazines or online platforms. We have already been doing this in other areas, this allows our PCSO’s and Neighbourhood PCs to spend more time being visible within your communities. A link to the Area Board Report will be shared with you should it be required. This report with give you an overview of crime statistics and priorities for the Amesbury and Tidworth area as well as additional information. If you have any concerns with regards to an ongoing issues/crime in your area, please contact us via email and we will be happy to provide more information or data where necessary. I know that your local officers already have a good working relationship with yourselves, and you will probably have their individual email addresses, should you wish to contact them directly. Below is the link to Wiltshire Police Online crime reporting, please share this within your communities, as it is another way to report crimes, incidents and intelligence. It is key for me to encourage the community to report any incidents/crimes/intelligence, so that we can get a clear picture of what may be happening within your communities and focus our priorities accordingly depending upon the issues reported. Wiltshire Police Online Crime Reporting link: https://www.wiltshire.police.uk/ro/report/ Amesbury Neighbourhood Area Email: AmesburyAreaCPT@wiltshire.police.uk Other important links you may wish to share with your communities: • PCC’s Website - https://www.wiltshire-pcc.gov.uk/ • HMICFRS Website - https://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk/hmicfrs/police-forces/wiltshire/ • Police.uk - https://www.police.uk/pu/your-area/wiltshire-police/ For information on what crimes and incidents have been reported in the Amesbury Community Policing Team area, visit https: https://www.police.uk/pu/your-area/wiltshire-police/amesbury/ to view a crime and incident map and find links to more detailed data. 1. 28.21 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.10pm. Wilts Cllr C Williams reported the following: The Wiltshire Local Plan Review update was considered by Cabinet and of note for the rural parishes was the paragraphs referring to Rural Settlements. There are comments referring to Neighbourhood planning, a suggestion for 40% affordable housing on sites of 5 or more dwellings, community led housing in rural areas, restricting permitted development rights to prevent small homes in rural area being increased in size or replaced by larger homes, and housing figures for Local Service Centres and Large Villages. The cabinet paper is published on the Wiltshire Council website but is just part of the process with no decisions made. The information received is being tested and there will be more formal consultation later in the year before any final decisions are made. Area Board meetings – There is a new arrangement of 4 x business meeting a year with further engagement meetings involving our local communities taking place. The Tidworth Area Board will meet on Monday 12th July at 7pm. In-line with current Covid-19 restrictions this will be a virtual TEAMS meeting, and the agenda has been published. Our community also has a local Recovery Group with meetings taking place around every 6 weeks. Key players in our community meet up and share best practices and advice on health and wellbeing, children and young people, economy and communities which can include housing, safety, transport, environment, volunteering. This group will feed into the Area Board meetings and grant support can be offered if required. A Tidworth Community Area Recovery/Health and Wellbeing Group meeting will take place on Tuesday 13th July starting at 9am. Covid-19 Update - There is still a huge amount of work being carried out by council officers which may affect other services. Please be patient when dealing with the Council as it may take a little longer to deal with queries. Residents are encouraged to download the NHS Test and Trace App to phone and answer the 0300456100-number which NHS will use to make contact. The numbers of cases in Wiltshire are below the national average but residents are urged to follow the guidelines and keep safe. Moreover, there is webinar planned for 6.pm on Thu 15 Sep with web link to follow. In reply to a question regarding enforcement action at “Bales Yard” 17/00024/ENF. Wilts Cllr Williams provided the following update from the Enforcement Officer “The enforcement file relates to the alleged unauthorised material change of use of the site to a mixed use with a variety of different uses taking place, including vehicle logistics, vehicle repairs, residential occupation of a mobile home, all without the benefit of planning permission. Unfortunately, it is not an overly straight forward case as there are multiple tenants on the land (some of which our department have never met nor have any details of), as well as the intensity of certain activities increasing and decreasing over the years. We have been monitoring the activity on the land for a number of years and have encouraged the owner of the land to submit a certificate of lawfulness application to the Local Planning Authority for consideration as they believe that an established lawful use is taking place; however, to-date no such application has been forthcoming. Unfortunately, COVID restricted and delayed our investigations on the site over the past year; however, it is my intention to discuss this file with my manager in the coming weeks in order to determine how we intend to proceed. I will ensure you are updated accordingly once any further progress has been made or if any further site visits are undertaken.” Cllr Dennis raised the matter of Marlborough having a 20mph speed limit on the A338, yet the Cllrs had been told on a number of occasions that it was not possible to have a speed limit introduced on the A338 in the Village. Wilts Cllr Williams agreed to look into this.. The matter of the Wilts Council’s public health page website being out of date was raised in that at 1400 today the figures for the county are for the week ending 28th June whereas other counties are showing figures ending 11th July. This is important as our site gives a link to it and not being up to date reflects negatively on our site. Wilts Cllr Williams agreed to look into this. Action: Wilts Cllr Williams The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Williams for his report. The meeting reconvened at 7.25pm 1. 29.21 Finance Report. The Clerk presented the Income and Expenditure report for August along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements. Cllrs Members noted the report and reconciliations. The following Bills and cheques were presented and authorised for payment: 1891 Community 1st (Insurance 1 Jun 21) £996.69 1892 JRC Cleaning Svcs (Bus Shelters 20 May 21) 28.00 (VAT £4.67) DD Information Commissioner (Certificate 28 May 21) £35.00 DD EDF (Recreation Gd Electric 4 May 21) £.8.00 (VAT £0.38) DD EDF (Recreation Gd Electric 1 Jun 21) £.8.00 (VAT £0.38) 1893 P Gill P Gill (Clerk’s Sal & Exps 14 Jun 21) £408.97 1894 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE 14 Jun 21) £93.00 1895 Idverde Ltd (Idverde Ltd (Gds Maint & Bins 1 Jun 21) £559.68 (VAT £93.28) 1896 P Gill (Print Cartridges 21 Jun 21) £25.26 (VAT £4.21) 1897 P Gill (Emptying of Green Bin 25 Jun 21) £50.00 1899 Idverde Ltd (Idverde Ltd (Gds Maint & Bins 1 Jun 21) £559.68 (VAT £93.28) 1900 P Gill (Print Cartridges 8 Jul 21) £26.60 (VAT £ 4.43) 1901 P Gill P Gill (Clerk’s Sal & Exps Jul 21) £408.77 1902 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE Jul 21) £93.20 DD EDF (Recreation Gd Electric 1 Jul 21) £8.00 (VAT £0.38) Having considered the bills and cheques presented above Cllrs RESOLVED to and authorise them for payment. Action: Clerk Projects. To receive and consider updates on progress and quotes on the following projects. Storage. Cllr Knowlson reported that he has yet to identify a suitable supplier and that the issue of access has yet to be resolved as a result Cllrs RESOLVED that this project was to be closed. Action: Clerk Bus Shelter. Cllr Batley outlined the history of this project to date and the grant funding situation. After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllr Batley was to now look into having a bespoke shelter made by a local artisan and that Cllr Dennis was to work with Cllr Batley on this project. Action: Cllrs Batley, Dennis. Bank Signatory. The Clerk confirmed that mandate to add Cllr J Wood and remove Mr K Cockerton has been signed ready to be sent to Lloyds Bank. Action: Clerk Grant Requests. Having considered a request to provide both financial and practical assist to a group of Villagers who are planning to hold a “Freedom Party” Cllrs RESOLVED in principle to support an element of the event e.g. the hire of a Burger Van and directed the Chairman to discuss the Council’s possible support of an element of the event with the event organiser. 1. 30.21 Planning Report: PL/2021/05585. T1 - Lime Permission to remove side branch resting on property garden wall Trees 2-8 Remove Specifically: T2 - Lime, Fell. T3 - Lime, Fell. As per T2. . T4 - Fell. Dead tree. Danger to pedestrians and to householders. T5 - Fell. Dead tree. Danger to pedestrians and to householders. T6 - Fell. Lime. As per T2. . T7 - Fell. Lime. As per T2. . T8 - Fell. Lime. As per T2. T9 - Fell. Silver Birch. Unstable. Fell T10 - Fell. Beech. Dead, smothered in ivy. Unsafe for homeowners. Replace with yew T11 - Fell, dead tree. Unsafe for homeowners. Replace with Yew. T12 - Fell, Beech, dead tree. Covered in Ivy. Danger to homeowners. Replace with yew. T13 - Fell, Hawthorn, Replace with Yew for uniformity with front and side of property T14 - Fell, Hawthorn, Replace with Yew for uniformity with front and side of property. T15 - Lime. Remove large branch overhanging the main power line for the property and damaging the Thatched roof. T16 - Laburnum. Poisonous tree. Small children at the property. Needs to be removed ASAP at Old Lime Farm, High Street, SN8 3EQ PL/2021/06395. Proposed works to trees in a conservation area. Fell four Leylandii, Fell Greengage & Holly. Reduce Hawthorn by 50% & shape at Lothlorien, Ludgershall Road, SN8 3EJ PL/2021/06465. Notification of proposed works to trees in a conservation area to reduce & Shape 1 Cherry, one Beech Tree & one Birch Tree at 5 Gilberts Piece SN8 3HH. . Replace with yew. T13 - Fell, Hawthorn, Replace with Yew for uniformity with front and side of property T14 - Fell, Hawthorn, Replace with Yew for uniformity with front and side of property. T15 - Lime. Remove large branch overhanging the main power line for the property and damaging the Thatched roof. T16 - Laburnum. Poisonous tree. Small children at the property. Needs to be removed ASAP. Having previously considered the above planning applications Cllrs RESOLVED to not raise any objections or comments. Action: Cllr Gomes 1. 31.21 Property Report. Communal Play Areas. Cllr Knowlson reported no issues with any of the play areas, however Cllrs were disappointed that the contractor’s monthly reports were not being provided on time as specified in the contract. Action: Clerk War Memorial. Cllr Dennis reported that he was now waiting for a quote which he expects to receive in the next two weeks. Action: Cllr Dennis Sycamore Tree in Burial Ground. Having considered an email from a villager requesting that a Sycamore Tree in Burial Ground be reduced so that the overhang no longer reaches their garden. Cllrs RESOLVED that Idverde be invited to quote for this work along with the removal of two fallen trees in the River Bourne. Action: Clerk 11 32.21 Speed Watch. As Cllr Arnold has resigned Cllrs RESOLVED that as Cllr Hartley had previously been the lead Cllr for this project the lead be passed back to Cllr Hartley. In the meantime, Cllr Wood greed to research possible Speed Indicator Devices. Action: Cllr Hartley & Cllr Wood. 12. 33.20. Xmas Big Brunch. Cllr Bell reported that she had not yet got to grips with this project due to pressure of work, however she is now in a position to get the project moving. There then followed a discussion of the next steps with the booking of the Village Hall and the Burger Van being the most urgent. Action: Cllr Bell 13. 34.21 Website & IT Support. Cllr Lyons reported that he has yet to meet up with Mr Cockerton but is planning to do so in the near future. Cllrs restated their view that it must exercise oversight of the contents of the website. However, they are very pleased with the unpaid service that Mr Cockerton is providing to the Council and wished to record their thanks to Mr Cockerton who is doing a great job with the website. Action: Cllrs Lyons 14 35.21 Parking on the Knapp. Cllr Batley outlined the history of this item to date and after discussion Cllrs RESOLVED that the Council had done as much as it can to resolve the parking issues and that the item was to be closed. Action: Clerk 15. 36.21 Village Hall Trust. Having considered appointing a Representative to the Village Hall Trust. Cllrs RESOLVED to appoint Cllr J wood to be the Representative to the Village Hall Trust. Action: Cllr J wood 16. 37.21 Complaints. To consider as received. 17. 38.21 The next meeting was confirmed as starting at 7.00 pm. on Thursday 9 September 2021. The meeting closed at 20.30.pm Signed: Chairman: Date: