© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2020
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE VILLAGE HALL ON THURSDAY 5 March 2020 AT 7.00pm Present: Cllr Knowlson (Chairman), Cllr Hartley (Vice Chairman), Cllr Dennis, Cllr Batley and Cllr Cockerton In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling and 4 members of the public. 1. Apologies: Cllr Gomes Absent: 2. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman spoke on the following: The resignation of Cllr Terry Greenwood and thanked him for all the time and effort that he had given in his time as a Cllr and wished him and his family the best for the future. He then introduced Helen Vass the SSEN Customer & Community advisor who then spoke on the subject of ensuring that the Parishes are prepared so that if there is a sustained power outage all the vulnerable people in the Parish are looked after. In particular she highlighted using the new telephone number of 105 or the SSEN App to report faults and that venerable people should register with SSEN more details of which can be found at - https://www.ssen.co.uk/CustomerInformationLeaflets/ She also spoke on the SSEN Community Resilience Fund which is now open to bids. 3. 66.19 Minutes of the last meeting. The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 5 January 2020 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record with one minor amendment. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Cockerton. Agreed nem con 67.19. Matters arising. None that do not appear on the agenda. 4. 68.19 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests. Cllr Hartley declared an interest in planning applications 20/00939/TCA and 20/01774/TCA at item 73.19. 5. 69.19 Co-Options. Cllrs noted that Cllr Greenwood had resigned and that a Vacancy Noticed had been issued and that no applications for co-option had been received. 6. 70.19 Policing Issues. Having considered the email report sent by PCSO J Akehurst Cllrs noted that there were two relevant reported crimes in the village: 19.01.2020 Unknown suspect(s) fired a catapult and cracked a vehicle windscreen 23.01.2020 A vehicle crashed head on to a stationary vehicle causing extensive damage. Cllr Cockerton reported that he had attended a Police NTG meeting at which it was confirmed that the new weight restrictions were now in force, however there are still some signage issues to be resolved. Moreover, it would appear that Hare Coursing is on the rise and as with any other suspected criminal activity it should be reported as when it is suspected and where possible the time, date and location of the suspect activity should be supplied. 7. 71.19 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.15pm Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling reported that the current major effort for highways is dealing with flooding and the repair of damage caused by flooding. Wilts Council has set its budget for FY 20/21 and despite significant challenges has managed to set a balanced budget whilst maintaining services. Moreover, despite what protest groups may think the Council is continuing to reduce its carbon footprint. He also reported that the “Paths For all” Project was expanding with the Military joining in and that some paths may now have trim trails incorporated into them. A Member of the Public asked for the contact details of the “Paths for All” Project which Cllr Knowlson agreed to pass on. Cllr Batley asked about the blocked gully on the A338 near the Church Bends which Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling agreed to take forward. Moreover, Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling Cllr apologised for not taking forward the issue of reasoning behind allowing the imposition of a 20MPH speed limit on the A338 in Marlborough when this Council has been told for years that it was not possible to have the speed limit reduced on a National Highway. The meeting reconvened at 19.35.pm 8. 72.19 Finance Report: The Clerk had presented a previously circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements, which the Cllrs accepted. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW Standing Orders: 1804 K Cockerton (Xmas Big Brunch reimbursement 6 Jan 20) £543.50 (VAT £5.71) Bank Transfer P Gill (Stamps 2 Jan 20) £14.64 1806 P Gill (Clerk's Salary & Expenses 9 Jan 20) £401.58 1807 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE 9 Jan 20) £88.60 1808 T Greenwood (Plants for War Memorial 6 Nov 19) £30.99 (VAT £5.17) 1809 P Gill (Printer Cartridges 9 Jan 20) £28.00 (VAT £4.67) 1810 Idverde (Grounds Maint & Bench Repairs £1011.47 (VAT £168.58) 1811 P Gill (Clerk's Salary & Expenses 10 Feb 20) £401.58 1812 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE 10 Feb 20) £88.60 1813 JRC Cleaning (Bus Shelters 19 Feb 20) £28.00 (VAT £4.67) 1814 P Gill (Clerk's Salary & Expenses 6 Mar 20) £401.58 1815 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE 6 Mar 20) £88.60 Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Projects. Cllr Hartley reported that We are on track to receive £500 from Tesco to go towards the Book Exchange. On Current planning, costs look like they will remain within the agreed budget and a proposed delivery date is Mar 20 to coincide with World Book Day 2021. I will present siting options for a decision at the next meeting. Looking further ahead, potential projects to be aligned for 2021/22 are a bus shelter at the bottom of ‘Knapp Hill’ and improvements towards the Bourne Footpath. The intention is to agree a plan for 2021/22 including coatings of one or both projects, but not to commit financially to it until after the Parish Council Elections. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Batley Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Hartley Accessibility Regulations 2019. Cllr Cockerton reported that Council website complies fully with The Accessibility Regulations 2019. Item closed. Grants requests. None received. 9. 73.19 Planning Report: In the absence of the Chairman of the Planning Cttee Cllr Knowlson reported that the following Planning Applications had been submitted since the last meeting: 19/11351/FUL. Extensions to existing village hall comprising of store room, main hall and porch extension to main entrance. Having previously considered the above application Cllrs agreed to raise no objections. Proposed by Knowlson seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 20/00939/TCA Application for Work to Trees in a Cons Area. Leylandii - Remove to small stump Red Cedars, Sunton SN8 3DZ. 20/01774/TCA – Application for work to in a Cons Area – Remove 1 x Rowan and 1 x Sycamore to small stumps at Red Cedars Sunton SN8 3DZ. Cllr Hartley having earlier declared an interest in the above applications and Cllrs having previously considered the above applications Cllrs agreed to raise no objections. Proposed by Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton. Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 10. 74.19 Property Report: Play Area Safety inspections. Cllr Knowlson reported the replacement Goal post Caps were in hand. Action: Cllr Knowlson Village Gates. Cllr Knowlson reported he is still in discussion with Wilts Council regarding cost and location of the extra gates for the entrance to the village from Collingbourne Kingston. The issue is one of finding a location that is wide enough and does not obstruct the view from driveways. Action: Cllrs Knowlson Knapp Play Area. Cllr Batley reported that he had been in contact with the Aster Housing Association Housing Officer who had agreed to organise a site visit to the Knapp with the Association’s Surveyor to look at the Council’s proposal to change the green space usage however the Officer is on holiday for the next 3 weeks. The Association have said that it does not own the roads on the Knapp and that any repairs are the responsibility of Wilts Council Highways. Cllr Batley agreed to follow this up. Action: Cllr Batley War Memorial. Cllr Knowlson has contacted a number of companies to quote for the repairs to the War Memorial but has only now received 2 quotes to date and now needs to do some further investigation and scrutiny of the costs. Action: Cllr Knowlson Grass & Bins Schedule. Cllrs Dennis and Cockerton have yet to complete their discussions on the accuracy of the grass & Bins schedule. Action: Cllrs Cockerton & Dennis. Storage Facility. Cllr Knowlson reported that having investigated the options and costs for a storage facility the best option would be to purchase a small ISO Container to be located near the Cricket Nets and that he would look to get a grant from the SEEN Community Resilience Fund to meet some of the costs. Proposed by Cllr Hartley seconded by Cllr Dennis Action: Cllr Knowlson 75.19 Highway Matters: Paths & ROW. This was dealt with at item 71.19 and now looks like a villager will now take this forward. Item closed. Cllr Knowlson reported that he has yet to contact Wilts Council to find who "owns" the lamp Post on the footpath. Action: Cllr Knowlson Parish Steward Scheme. Cllr Cockerton reported that as indicated by the Wilts Cllr at item 71.19 the steward has been redeployed to assist with flood mitigation and pothole repairs. Moreover, there are a number of tasks waiting for the Steward on his next visit. Action: Cllrs Cockerton Cadley Road Traffic Calming. Cllr Knowlson reported that the "Virtual Footpath" has now been completed. Speedwatch. Cllr Harley reported that following a change in personnel and processes in Wiltshire Police, he was pleased to report that there is forward progress in the establishment of the CD team. Training is taking place on 26 Mar and from this point, the Speedwatch Team will be able to ease into providing a visible presence on the A338 through the village. New Visitor Attraction on Salisbury Plain. Cllr Hartley reported having conducted research and attended a consultation evening in Netheravon, he have concluded that the Museum proposal will impact the village; in the form of increased traffic using Cadley road and chucks lane. He therefore recommend that the Parish Council takes the opportunity to highlight our concerns to Wiltshire Council when the Museum formally seeks planning permission. The Cllrs accepted this recommendation. Action: Cllr Hartley 11. 76.19 GENERAL MATTERS. Emergency Plan. Cllr cockerton reported that he was of the opinion that the Village did need an Emergency Plan. Having considered this Cllrs decided to set up an ad hoc Working Group led by Cllr Cockerton to develop a draft plan. The Clerk suggest that the Everleigh PC’s plan might be a good place to start and that he would send Cllrs a copy of Everleigh PC’s plan. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Hartley Action: Cllr Cockerton & Clerk Complaints. There had been complaints regarding litter being left by the football teams that use the Recreation Ground football pitches. The Clerk has emailed the teams regarding the complaint. Condition of Recreation Ground. Cllr Batley suggested that given the condition of the football pitches it would be prudent to ban their use for at least 2 weeks to which Cllrs agreed and directed the Clerk to write to the football teams to this effect. Action: Clerk 12. 78.19 Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00pm on Thursday 14 May 2020 following the Annual Parish Meeting which starts at 7.00pm. The meeting closed at 21.00pm Signed: Chairman: