COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE VILLAGE HALL ON THURSDAY 4 JULY 2019 AT 7.00pm Present: Cllr Knowlson (Chairman), Cllr Dennis, and Cllr Cockerton. ( Meeting quarate) In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk) Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling and two members of the public. 1. Apologies: Cllr Gomes, Cllr Greenwood and Cllr P Hartley (Vice Chairman) and PCSO A Jones. Absent: None 2. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman. drew attention to or spoke on the following: The Village Beerfest and Picnic in the Park both of which were very well attended. The letter he had written to a resident regarding an overhanging hedge had met with a positive response. 3. 18.19 Minutes of the last meeting. The minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Parish Council Meetings held on 9 May 2019 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Knowlson Agreed nem con 19.19. Matters arising. None that do not appear on the agenda. 4. 20.19 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests: Although he was not attending the meeting Cllr Hartley had earlier declared an interest by email in application 19/05933/FUL Convert existing integral garage and erect new garage outbuilding at Ashbourne, Sunton, Collingbourne Ducis, SN8 3DZ. 5. 21.19 Co-Options. None received. 6. 22.19 Policing Issues. Having considered the email report sent by PCSO A Jones noted that there was only one relevant reported crime in the village: 20/06/2019 – Collingbourne Ducis, Unknown suspect have stolen two side guards from an articulated lorry that was parked on private land. 7. 23.19 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.15pm A member of the public said they had written to Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling regarding traffic issues on the A338 and that he had agreed to reply to her at this meeting. During a question and answer session with the member of the public Wilts Cllr Blair- Pilling outlined the work that his predecessor had done over a number of years to try and resolve the issue that the member of the public had raised but with little success. The fact that the A338 is a National Classified Road and comes under the control of Central Government and as such no traffic calming measures can be put on it. However, he is working with other to try and ensure that speed enforcement measures are being taken by the police and he commended the Parish Council for its efforts to have "Village Gates" erected which may have a subliminal effect on drivers. Wilts Cllr Blair-Piling reported that Cllr Philip Whitehead was to be the new leader of Wilts Council. Wilts Council had made a grant of £50K to help with the formation of The Avon Mutual Bank which would aim to support micro and SME business and provide bank accounts to people who struggle to get bank accounts. It would also set up "Pop up Banks" in villages with no bank branches. The meeting reconvened at 20.00pm 8. 24.19 Finance Report: The Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements, which the Cllrs accepted. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW Standing Orders: 1759 H Harris Fresh air Fitness (Fitness Eqpt 17 May 19) £3,900 (VAT £650.00) 1760 JRC Cleaning Svcs Ltd ( Bus Shelters 20 May 19) £28.00 (VAT £4.67) 1761 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps May 19) £437.68 1762 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE May 19) £109.40 1763 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps Jun 19) £390.47 1764 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE Jun 19) £97.60 1765 Landmarc Svcs (Church Farm ROW 24 May 19) £40.00 1766 Idverde Ltd (Grounds maintenance and Bins May 19) £538.15 (VAT £89.69) 1767 T Greenwood (TAB meeting 15 May 1) £14.50 (VAT £1.81) DD ICO (DPO Registration 31 May 19) £35.00 1768 SEE (Recreation Gd Electric 6 Jun 19) £48.12 (VAT £2.29) 1769 Idverde Ltd (Grounds maintenance and Bins May 28 Jun) £538.15 (VAT £89.69) 1770 Wilts Council (Village Gates 1 Jul 19) £4,000.00 Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con. Speed Indicator Devices (SID). Cllr Dennis reported that he was still awaiting responses from other Cllrs with regard to which SID they thought was most suitable. He will email Cllrs again to seek their views. Action: Cllr Dennis and other Cllrs Emergency Planning. Cllr Greenwood reported by email that he had received a request from The Village Hall Trust via for the Council to purchase 40 blow up beds to be stored in the Village Hall for emergency use. After consideration Cllrs agree to defer this item to the next meeting in order that Cllr Greenwood can ask for a formal request to be made with a supporting case. Action: Cllr Greenwood. Projects for FY 20/21. Cllr Hartley reported by the following by email: Current Projects: the Gym Equipment looks set to be installed over 23-24 Jul and that he would be on hand to oversee initial work and to sign it off before they depart on the second day. We look set to be under the £8000 budget (Circa £7550) he is still seeking £2000 in funding from the Sport England Community Asset Fund and £250 from the Beerfest. As a result, costs are likely to drop to £7300, but could go as far as £5300. He requested that he use any underspend to buy Black paint for the skate ramp to complete the improvement of that area of the field as part of the project to which the Cllrs agreed. Future Projects 20/21: Top two from the survey was the Bus Shelter and the Book Exchange - he continues to work up costs for both. In addition, the Pirate Ship Roof and Knapp Play area also need to be factored in. Unfortunately, he simply has not had time to get round the Knapp to ask residents about their strength of support for the Knapp play area improvements. It is his intention to complete this consultation and provide costs for all 4 prior to the next meeting on 3 September, when the Council can prioritise and allocate funding for next year and he can then get the ball rolling early with external funding. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Hartley Grants requests. Having considered at some length both a verbal and written request from THEFILMPLACE for a grant of £866.40 in support of the purchase of a electric drop down screen Cllrs agreed to make a grant of £600.00. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Knowlson Agreed nem con Action: Clerk Village Hall. Cllr Greenwood reported by email that the Village Hall Trust is planning for an essential expansion and that the Trust is asking for the Council's support. As there was no detail of the support requested Cllrs noted the Trust's request at this time. 9. 25.19 Planning Report: The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following Planning Applications had been submitted since the last meeting: 1904275FUL. Replace conservatory with single storey extension at The coach House Sunton. 19/05933/FUL Convert existing integral garage and erect new garage outbuilding at Ashbourne, Sunton, Collingbourne Ducis, SN8 3DZ. 19/05446/LBC new external door and internal works, including new walls and doors at Cawdreys Farm House Sunton. Having noted a declaration by Cllr Harley and previously considered the applications above Cllrs agreed to raise no objections. Proposed by Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 10. 26.19 Property Report: Play Area Safety inspections. Cllr Knowlson reported that no monthly inspection report had been received from the contractor (now received). However, he was not aware of any unidentified issues and had contacted Mike Giles at the "Men's Shed" regarding the repairs to the damaged benches. Village Gates. Cllr Knowlson reported the Village Gates had been installed as planned and that the installation had been done very well. He is now looking forward to see what effect they have. Moreover, the Council is aware that there is still a need for gates on the entrance to the village from Collingbourne Kingston and is working to address this. The issue is one of finding a location that is wide enough and does not obstruct the view from driveways. Action: Cllrs Knowlson & Dennis Work to install safety Surface at the Knapp Play Area. See Cllr Hartley's report at item 24.19 above. War Memorial. Cllr Dennis reported that he has a identified a new company and will get a quote in time for the next meeting. Action: Cllr Dennis Grass Cutting Contract for 2020-2023. Having considered appointing a lead Cllr to review the grass cutting schedule select three possible contractors to be invited to tender Cllrs agreed that Cllr Dennis was to be the lead Cllr supported by Cllrs Cockerton & Knowlson. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Dennis Helicopter Landing. Cllr Hartley had informed Cllrs by email that the school was planning to hold an Armd Forces Day and that they had requested that a helicopter be allowed to land on the Recreation Ground on that day. Moreover, Cllr Hartley had requested authority to write to the military to get permission, which the Cllrs granted. 11. 27.19 Highway Matters: Paths & ROW. Cllr Knowlson reported that a "The Paths for All" meeting that was held on 15 May 19. The main focus is on promoting the use of RoW, eg through walking groups such as the Avon Valley RoW Group. An additional objective is to maintain and clear RoW where necessary and within capability. Cllrs Knowlson & Dennis agreed to attend the next meeting on 19 Jul. Action: Cllrs Knowlson & Dennis Parish Steward Scheme. Cllr Cockerton reported that the scheme was still working well however, there are a number of minor tasks that he is not able to carry out and as result he is planning to draw up a list of local trusted contractors who can be called on to complete these tasks. Cadley Road Traffic Calming. Cllr Knowlson reported that he expects to receive an update on the "Virtual Footpath" when he attends the next CATG meeting on 29 Jul. 12. 28.19 GENERAL MATTERS. Xmas Big Brunch. Cllrs Gomes & Cockerton reported that the preliminary has been done but it is too early to take any further action. Action: Cllrs Gomes & Cockerton Complaints. None received. 13. 29.19 Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 3 September 2019 following the Annual Parish Meeting that starts at 7.00pm. The meeting closed at 21.00 pm. Signed: Chairman: