© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of the  Meeting held on 2nd November 2017
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOLON THURSDAY 2 NOVEMBER 2017 AT 7.30 pm     Present:  Cllr P Knowlson (Chairman), Cllr K Millard, Cllr T Greenwood, Cllr D Dennis and Cllr A Smith In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling and Mr P Hartley (Possible Co-optee) 1. Apologies:   Cllr L Gomes Cllr R Haverson (Vice Chairman) and PCSO M Downham. 1. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: Village Tidy Up on 18 Nov poster is ready to go up and there may be a requirement for some small purchase which the Cllrs noted. 1. 41.17  Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 4 September 2017 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Millard seconded by Cllr Knowlson                Agreed nem con 42.17  Matters arising.  None that do not appear on the agenda. Item 30.17.  The Clerk informed Cllrs that the School had agreed to alter the timings so that the lights would go off by 9.00pm. 1. 43.17  Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  None declared. 1. 44.17 CO-OPTION.  Mr P Hartley expressed an interest in being co-opted on to the Council.  The Chairman welcomed him and asked him to give Cllrs a short personal background brief after which the Clerk explained the co-option process and asked Mr Hartley to write formally to the Council. 1. 45.17 Policing Issues.  In the absence of a police representative the Chairman summarised the monthly report submitted by the PCSO Downham: Current PrioritiesNTG Priority – Patrols of Farms situated in The Chutes It became clear from speaking to a farmer on 18 th  Sept and looking at recent reports around this date that the farms situated in The Chutes were starting to be targeted.  It was decided to commence a New NTG Priority on this date, we appreciated that the NTG meeting was set for 26 th  Sept and usually such a decision is discussed at this meeting however it was felt that we needed to commence this as soon as possible and update the group at the NTG.  This would not affect any additional topics that would be raised. So on 19 th  Sept the Priority commenced, at this time the following farms will be patrolled in line with recent information and issues raised.  New Zealand Farm, Gammons Farm, Chrystal Palace Farm & Deans Farm.  In total 8 patrols/actions have taken place.  Depending on information received the locations will be reviewed.  To date 43 patrols/actions have taken place. Local Crimes 9 th  October Theft: Bourne Works, High Street.  Unknown male and female have driven their van into business yard, and began loading a pile of scrap metal into their van without permission.  They were challenged and they said they thought it was rubbish, they were advised this was not the case and to return the items.  They have obliged and driven away from the premises. 12 th  October Theft Westhill Farm.  Unknown suspects have driven across 5 fields and cut barbed wire in order to gain access to another field in order to Hare course. 15 th  October Vehicle Offences Westhill Farm.  Unknown suspects have stolen the spare alloy wheel from a motor vehicle.  The cable has been cut and the wheel has been removed. Action:  Cllr Haverson  1.  46.17  Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.20 pm  Wilts Cllr Blair-Piling reported a.  A Waste Management (in Briefing Note 330) consultation is taking place from 4 Sep until 14 Nov 17. .https://surveys.wiltshire.gov.uk/snapwebhost/s.asp?k=150452367706 b. A Proposed Transport Consultation in the Tidworth, Ludgershall, Collingbourne Ducis triangle.  A presentation will take place at the next Tidworth Area Board (TAB) meeting on 13 Nov in Netheravon. c. Superfast Broadband.  I attended ‘the last 5% superfast broadband event’ organised by Claire Perry MP with representatives from central government, Wilts Council, BT and a range of alternative broadband providers, who specialise in providing broadband where it is beyond the reach of the county’s project.  The only area in this category in Everleigh is Lower Everleigh.  d. Digitalisation.  I have attended a workshop to suggest what we want the Council’s digital strategy to deliver for our residents in Wiltshire.  I have suggested, and shall be pursuing, the provision of functionality and connectivity to those towns and parishes that may wish to benefit. e. Everleigh Recycling Centre (ERC).  With the recently discovered problem of leakage and consequent restricted services, I have asked for an assurance regarding the continuation of ERC.  The Associate Director responsible states: ‘We are working with our contractor to consider options and obtain estimates which we will then discuss with members.  In the meantime the site will remain open for deposit of the slightly reduced number of materials.  The site will be closed from 23 October for the exchange of plant and equipment between Hills and new contractor, reopening on 28 October.’ f. Electoral Review.  The Electoral Commission has decided to review Wiltshire, with results in place for the next elections in 2021.  Plan: From now until Apr 18 information gathering to determine numbers of councillors/size of wards; then, consultation on ward boundaries Sep - Nov 18.  I am on the Council’s 10 man Boundary Review Committee. g.  Parking Consultation.  There is a Parking consultation going on see Parking - Wiltshire Council for details. h. Local Plan Review.  The local Plan review is starting for details see Local plan Review - Wiltshire Council The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling for his report and for help in resolving a number of issues that had been raised to him by the Council. The meeting reconvened at 7.40 pm 1. 47.17 Finance Report: The Chairman of the Finance Cttee reported that the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Smith seconded by Cllr Knowlson Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: 1640 The Courier (Flyer Printing 11 Sep 17 ) £6.00 1641 Idverde Ltd (Gds Maintenance & Bins 28 Sep 17) £527.60 (VAT £87.93) 1642 Mr P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps Oct 17) £363.93 1643 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE & Council's NI Oct 17) £91.20 1644 Idverde Ltd (Litter Bin Post replacement and repositioning 13 Jul 17) £32.40 (VAT £5.40) 1645 Idverde Ltd (Gds Maintenance & Bins 30 Oct 17) £527.60 (VAT £87.93) Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Millard Agreed nem con Annual Return. Members noted the completion of Audit for FY 16/17 with one minor comment by External Auditor and the posting of Audit Completion Notice on 25 Sep 17. Grant Requests.  No grant requests received. 1. 48.17 Planning Report.  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following planning applications had been received from Wilts Council: 17/09189/TCA - Work to trees -  Horse Chestnut - Raise low crown over garden & highway .  Remove limbs in south of crown at 5 & 6.5 m at Cawdreys Farm House Sunton. 17/10113/TCA - work to trees - 2 Yew trees - crown reduce by one-third at 4 The Old School House, Church Street. Having previously considered the applications the Cllrs agreed not to raise any objections or comments. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Millard.   Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 1. 49.17 Property Report:  The Chairman of the Property Cttee presented a property report covering the following: Communal Areas Inspection.  Cllr Knowlson briefed Cllrs on his previously circulated Communal Areas Internal Inspection Report which includes the Play Areas.  After discussion Cllrs accepted the report and noted that the Clerk had already raised the Saxon Rises issues to Wilts Council and had asked Idverde to quote for the work on the Recreation Ground. Play Area Inspections.  Cllr Knowlson reported that following his review of the latest RoSPA reports on the recreation and ground and the Knapp play area, he has listed below the areas that he feels should be looked at and fixed in the short to medium term and sought feedback from the other Cllrs or their approval to obtain remedial work & associated costs. Recreation Ground. 1) Power wash the skateboard ramps.  Cllrs directed the Clerk to seek quote from contractor. 2) Tree pruning - Encroaching vegetation / trees which in contributing to the slippery surface on the skate ramps 3) Pirate ship - Overall the RoSPA report states it fails to meet relevant standard along with synthetic safety fill ground area.  As there are a few items listed, before any action is considered, he would appreciate if a couple more councillors could go with him and inspect the pirate ship area to see any of the observations require acting on. 4) Board ramp area - make safe - Barbed wire on fencing near barrier entrance to recreation ground by skateboard ramp area.  (Check required - is fence council property or farm?) Having considered the items above Cllrs directed the Clerk to seek quotes from contractor for items 1), 2).  Cllrs directed Cllr Knowlson to contact the Pirate Ship installer regarding the comments raised in the ROSPA Report and to confirm with the Farmer the ownership of the fence at item 4). The Knapp Play area 1) Rotator Pole - Dry bearings.  Needs greasing in order to maintain function and prevent from seizing / breaking. 2) Swing Area - Black rubber matting requires re-seating or ground built up around the matting and re-turfed. Having considered the items above Cllrs directed the Clerk to seek quotes from contractor for items 1), 2). Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Knowlson and Clerk Grass Cutting & Bin Emptying Contract Apr 17- Apr 20.  Cllr Knowlson reported that the contract was continuing to work well.  The Clerk reported that the contractor had trimmed the Beech Hedges in the Burials Ground to a very good standard and at no extra cost Recreation Ground Having considered a request from The Collingbourne Cricket Club (CCC) regarding, broadleaf weed infestation, pruning of the trees on the Salisbury Plain side and the cut height of grass.  Cllrs agreed to share the cost of the weed killing with CCC paying 60% and the Council paying 40%.  Cllrs were not convinced of the need to prune the trees on the Salisbury Plain side of the Recreation Ground but nonetheless directed the Clerk to seek quotes for both jobs from the contractor for the work once CCC has made clear the level of pruning that is requested.  However, no work is to be carried out until the CCC has paid its respective percentages to the Council.  The matter of the cut height of the grass has already been agreed with the contractor Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Greenwood. Action:  Clerk Fruit Trees.  Cllr Greenwood informed Cllrs that Fruit Trees had been pruned to a very high standard by an expert at no cost to the Council.  Cllrs noted this and thanked Cllr Greenwood.  Broken Fence.  Cllr Knowlson reported that there was a broken fence in the northwest corner of the Recreation Ground close to the western end of the Tennis Courts.  Cllrs were not sure of the ownership and directed the Clerk to confirm ownership and to seek a quote for repair of the fence.  Post the meeting the Clerk confirmed that the Council owns the fence. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Greenwood. Action:  Clerk Xmas Lights.  Having considered an offer from Ludgershall Town Council (LTC) to donate its old Xmas Lights to The Council Cllrs thank agreed LTC for its very kind offer but did not think that having Xmas lights in the Village was practical and directed the Clerk to write to LTC thanking them for the offer. Play Area Transfers.  Cllr Knowlson reported that the possible transfer of Play Areas ownership from Wilts Council to the Council has been deferred by Wilts Council until the FY 18/19. . 1. 50.17 Highway Matters: Highways Sub Committee.  Parish Steward.  Cllr Knowlson reported that Cllrs Greenwood & Dennis are responsible for the tasking of the Parish Steward (PS) and that he had passed the visit schedules to Cllrs Greenwood and Dennis.  Cllr Greenwood agreed to meet with the PS on his next visit and asked that Cllrs and Villagers bring to his attention tasks that might be suitable for the PS. Action:  Cllr Greenwood & Dennis Consultation of the Proposed Speed and Weight Limits.  Having considered the impact of Wilts Council's Pre Consultation of the Proposed Speed and Weight Limits in Tidworth, Ludgershall and Collingbourne Cllrs agreed that attendance by Cllrs at the briefing to be held at 6.pm on Mon 13 Nov was imperative in order that the Village had a say on the impact of the proposals.  Cllr Greenwood is planning to attend and all other Cllrs are requested to attend.  Cllrs directed the Clerk to place details of the meeting on the notice board. Action:  Clerk Letter to the Highways Portfolio HolderCllrs Greenwood agreed to review the draft letter to be sent to the Highways Portfolio Holder at Wiltshire Council and then to circulate it to Cllrs prior to seeking input from Collingbourne Kingston PC. Action:  Cllr Greenwood Footpath CD 29.  The Clerk reported that he was waiting to hear from the ROW Officer at Wilts Council.  regarding recommendations on the on the way forward with the repair which could include Wilts Council and this Council sharing the repair costs and as a last resort the Footpath being closed.  Wilts Cllr Blair-Piling agreed to get a rough order of costs from the ROW Officer with a view to the Council making a decision on the way forward.  The Clerk highlighted the existence of the Wilts Council Paths Improvement Grant Scheme (PIGS) which may be a source of funding. Action:  Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling Footpath Request.  Having considered a request from a villager requesting that a footpath made near her home to allow her safe access to the village amenities  Cllrs agreed that Cllr Dennis was to look into this request and its wider impact and to report back to the Council as a matter of urgency.  Cllrs directed the Clerk to inform the villager of its decision. Action:  Cllr Dennis & Clerk 1. 51.17  General. Emergency Plan.  Cllr Greenwood tabled his latest draft of the Emergency Plan in which he highlighted the main risk as being flooding.  To that end he is going to produce another draft which will list the emergency contact numbers for the relevant emergency services, a map of the village and the location of the village defribulator for posting on the village notice board, the village website and possibly for distribution across the village. Action:  Cllr Greenwood  General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).  In the absence of Cllr Gomes the Clerk informed Cllrs that Cllr Gomes is working on drawing up a "GDPR Statement of Intent" for the Council and that she had proposed she be the Council's Data Protection Officer (DPO).  Cllrs requested that Cllr Gomes circulates the "GDPR Statement of Intent" to Cllrs for comment in order that the matter can be moved forward. Action:  Cllr Gomes Xmas Big Brunch.  Cllr Millard reported that the Xmas Big Brunch event was on track and he had booked a Caterer (£390.00), a Magician (£130.00), a Face Painter (£80.00) and has received a donation for £100.00 a further £100.00 is promised.  He still needs to purchase a number of sundry items but is confident that the event will be within budget.  Cllrs thanked Cllr Millard for his efforts and agreed to have a small working group meeting to thrash out the detail of who is to do what on the day. Proposed by Cllr Millard seconded by Cllr Smith. Agreed nem con Action:  Cllrs Millard & Smith. Village Gates.  Cllr Dennis reported that he had sent a link, by email, https://uk.glasdon.com/road-safety-street-lighting/gateway/glasdon- gateway?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3aHu4NOf1wIVybztCh2KCgJcEAAYASAAEgJCr_D_BwE of a well renowned and recommend company who specialise in village gates.  He asked the Cllrs to look at the link and come back to him ASP with their views on which gates and signs might be most suitable.  He also reported that Collingbourne PC is interested in purchasing gates and there may be a cost benefit to both villages by working in tandem.  The Clerk reminded Cllrs that the gates had to be ordered by mid Dec 17 and installed and invoiced before 31 Mar 18. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Knowlson. Agreed nem con Action:  All Cllrs and Cllr Dennis. Complaints.  There were no complaints and having considered the draft complaints procedure circulated with the agenda Cllrs agree to adopt the complaints procedure as drafted. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Smith Agreed nem con Action: Clerk 1. 52.17  Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 4 January 2018   The meeting closed at 22.05 pm. Signed: Chairman: