COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE VILLAGE HALLON THURSDAY 2 JANUARY 2020 AT 7.00pm Present: Cllr Knowlson (Chairman) Cllr Dennis, Cllr Greenwood and Cllr Cockerton In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling and 2 potential co-optees. 1. Apologies: Cllr P Hartley (Vice Chairman). Absent: Cllr Gomes 1. Chairman’s announcements: None. 1. 54.19 Minutes of the last meeting. The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 4 November 2019 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record with one minor amendment. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Cockerton. Agreed nem con 55.19. Matters arising. None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 56.19 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests. None declared. 1. 57.19 Co-Options. Having considered applications from Mr S Batley and Mr T Bamford and having confirmed that they had met the statutory (LGA 1972 Sect 79 & 80) eligibility requirements they were co-opted as Members of the Council. Cllrs Batley and Bamford then signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office (LGA 1972 Sect 83). The Clerk informed Cllrs Batley and Bamford of the legal requirement to complete a Register Interests Form on Wiltshire Council’s Website within 28 days of signing the Declaration of Acceptance of Office. 1. 58.19 Policing Issues. Having considered the email report sent by PCSO J Akehurst Cllrs noted that there was eight relevant reported crimes in the village: CRIMINAL DAMAGE 30.11.2019 – Collingbourne Ducis – Unknown suspect(s) have been seen hare coursing, damage has been caused to barbed wire fencing and fields. 30.11.2019 – Collingbourne Ducis – Overnight unknown suspects have gained entry to fields by cutting through fencing. 06.12.2019 – Collingbourne Ducis – Report of vehicles driving across farmland causing damage to fields and fencing. Suspects believed to be hare coursing but no dogs seen. 06.12.2019 – Collingbourne Ducis – Unknown suspects have driven through fields at speed causing damage to fencing. 19.12.2019 – Collingbourne Ducis- Unknown suspect has thrown a heavy object through a window of a property, causing the window to smash. Anti-social behaviour 20.12.2019 – Collingbourne Ducis – report of lead hitting persons from an organised shoot. Other 07.12.2019 – Collingbourne Ducis – Two vehicles with six males and dogs have been sighted, believed to be involved with hare coursing. 11.12.2019 - Collingbourne Ducis – Known male has been found handling stolen goods. 1. 59.19 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.15pm Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling reported that the top-level executives were being reduced from 3 to 2 (People and Places) in order to provide a more holistic service. Moreover encouraged Cllrs and electors to attend the public meetings being organised by Wilts Council in order that they can question and influence higher level decision making. He spoke in support of the New Visitor Attraction on Salisbury Plain on which Cllr Harley provides an update at agenda item 63.19. He took on board the fact that the ownership of Church Farm had changed. Cllr Cockerton informed him that there was a feeling amongst service users that Wilts Council had a "can't do" rather than a "can do attitude" and quoted some examples which Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling noted. Cllr Greenwood asked why there was now a 20MPH speed limit on part of the A338 in Marlborough when this Council had been told for a number of years that it was not possible to have the speed limit reduced on a National Highway. Wilts Cllr Blair- Pilling agreed to look into this and provide a response. Cllr Greenwood reported a case of possible fly tipping in response to which Cllr Blair-Pilling asked Cllr Greenwood to send him details. Cllr Batley reported that the number of HGVs using the A338 through Knapp Hill had increased since the change to local HGV weight restrictions and that he considered this dangerous. Wilts Cllr Blair Pilling agreed to inform Wilts Highways. Cllr Batley reported that the banking above the footpath running alongside the A338 on Knapp Hill was badly in need of maintenance and agreed to report this to both Wilts Council and Aster Housing, as it was not clear which organisation was responsible for the maintenance. Action: Wilts Cllr Blair- Pilling, Cllrs Greenwood and Batley. The meeting reconvened at 19.50.pm 1. 60.19 Finance Report: The Clerk had presented a previously circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements, which the Cllrs accepted. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW Standing Orders: 1793 Community 1st (Additional Insurance 1 Oct 19) £33.96 1974 The Courier (Flyer 24 Oct 19) £14.00 1795 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps 6 Nov 19) £401.58 1796 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE 6 Nov 19) £88.60 1798 P Hartley (Wreath 30 Nov 19) £30.00 1799 SEE (Rec Gd Electric 28 Nov 19) 344.02 1800 Idverde ltd ((Gds Maintenance & Bins Oct & Nov 19) £1076.30 (VAT £179.38)) 1881 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps 16 Dec 19) £401.58 1882 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE 16 Dec 19) £88.60 1883 K Cockerton (Big Brunch Expenditure reimbursement 19 Dec 19) £394.50 Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Speed Indicator Devices (SID). Cllr Cockerton reported that it would best for this item to be deferred for 6 months, which Cllrs agreed with. Action: Cllr Cockerton Projects. Cllr Hartley reported by email that he had submitted Council's Book Exchange project to Tesco for the ‘Bags of Help Funding’ and he expected the project to be in the stores in the Jan - Mar 20 window, with the funding expected from Tesco dependant on how many tokens we get (£2000, £1000,£500). Prudent planning would assume the worst case £500 leaving the estimated costs at £3500. The intention is for this to be completed next FY as the principle project for 20/21. For FY 21/22 he believed that there are two options for a principle project, either the footpath repair or (if funding isn’t needed for that) a new shelter for school children at the bottom of Knapp however he was of the view that a decision does not necessarily need to be made now. Having considered Cllr Hartley's report Cllrs noted his financial aspects of his report and will bear them in mind when discussing the Budget & Precept for FY 20-21. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllrs Hartley and Batley Accessibility Regulations 2019. Cllr Cockerton reported that he has yet to consider the financial impact and other areas that may be impacted by the Accessibility Regulations 2019 and will report back in due course. Action: Cllr Cockerton Microsoft Office. Cllr Cockerton reported that it has become apparent recently that the version of Microsoft Office being used by the Clerk was out of date. This was highlighted when the Clerk was unable to open an Excel spreadsheet created on Office 365. He then reiterated the four options that he had presented to the Cllrs in a prior email. Having considered the options Cllrs agreed to purchase a resale licence from Amazon at a cost not to exceed £20.00 + VAT. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Cockerton Budget & Precept FY 20-21. Having considered and scrutinised in detail a draft budget prepared and previously circulated by the Clerk and having taken into account Cllr Harley's project report above Cllrs agreed that based on the now agreed Budget for FY20/21 that the Precept for FY 20/21 be set at £22,410.18. This is an increase in the Precept of 2.% (£1.15p) for Band D) on FY 19/20 , which is in line with the Retail Price Index measure for September 2019 (2.1%) the figure used in accordance with normal Government practice. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Action: Clerk LGA 1972 Sec 137. Cllrs noted that the appropriate sum for the purpose of section 137(4)(a) of the Local Government Act 1972, for local councils is £8.32 per elector for the year 2020-2021. This is the amount as a result of increasing the amount of £8.12 for 2019-2020 by the percentage increase in the retail index between September 2018 and September 2019, in accordance with Schedule 12B to the 1972 Act. Grants requests. None. 1. 61.19 Planning Report: In the absence of the Chairman of the Planning Cttee Cllr Knowlson reported that the following Planning Applications had been submitted since the last meeting: 19/11608/TC. Ash Tree - Remove at 7 Saunders Meadow, SN8 3FA 1911268LBC & 19/10803/FUL. Removal of existing rear flat roofed single storey extension and replacement with linked single storey extension and associated landscaping at 86 Sunton, Collingbourne Ducis, SN8 3DZ. 19/08419/OUT - Amendment - Land north of Cadley Road, Collingbourne Ducis, Wiltshire, SN8 3EG. Having previously considered the applications above Cllrs agreed to raise no objections. Proposed by Knowlson seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 1. 62.19 Property Report: Play Area Safety inspections. Cllr Knowlson reported the contractor had been tasked to repair the benches at a cost not to exceed £400+ VAT. That the Salt Bin had been replaced on the Knapp Hill and that the replacement Goal post Caps were in hand. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Knowlson Village Gates. Cllr Knowlson reported he is still in discussion with Wilts Council regarding cost and location of the extra gates for the entrance to the village from Collingbourne Kingston. The issue is one of finding a location that is wide enough and does not obstruct the view from driveways. Action: Cllrs Knowlson Knapp Play Area. Cllr Hartley reported by email the unfortunately, Cllr Hartley has been too busy with real life and his other PC work to take The Knapp Play Area any further forward since his initial conversations with Aster however he thinks there is scope for re-profiling of the Knapp to cater for more parking whilst preserving a play area. Moreover, he is hopeful that one of our new Councillors may be better placed to pursue this by identifying options and costs. Having considered this report Cllrs then agreed that Cllr Batley was now to take the lead on this project. Action: Cllr Batley War Memorial. Cllr Dennis that he was confident that the repairs would be complete before the end of this FY. Action: Cllr Dennis Grass & Bins Schedule. Cllrs Dennis and Cockerton have yet to complete their discussions on the accuracy of the grass & Bins schedule. Action: Cllrs Cockerton & Dennis. Storage Facility. Cllr Knowlson reported that there was now a need for the Council to have a secure external storage facility and after discussion of this Cllrs agreed in principle to purchasing a secure storage facility and authorised Cllr Knowlson to investigate and options and costs for consideration by Cllrs. Action: Cllr Knowlson 63.19 Highway Matters: Paths & ROW. Cllr Knowlson reported that "The Paths for All" project has drawn little response from the Villagers and that the item be closed for the time being, which Cllrs accepted. Cllr Knowlson reported that he now had some more background information on the lighting on the footpath from Gilberts Piece up to the Recreation Ground and that his next action is to contact Wilts Council to find who "owns" the lamp Post on the footpath. Action: Cllr Knowlson Parish Steward Scheme. Cllr Cockerton reported that in general, the scheme was still working well. Although he has some tasks for the Steward he asked Cllrs to pass possible tasks on to him in order that he can task the Steward further. He is also investigating if it is possible to "bank" Parish Steward Days in order to make more effective use of the Parish Steward. Cllr Batley raised the "repair" to the entrance to the Knapp which had been ineffective which once again raised the issue of ownership of the this entrance and the other roads on the Knapp. Cllr Batley agreed to raise the ownership with Aster Housing Association when he discusses the Knapp Play area. Action: Cllrs Cockerton & Batley Cadley Road Traffic Calming. Cllr Knowlson reported that although CATG has given the go ahead to the "Virtual Footpath" the commencement of the work is now weather dependant. Action: Cllr Knowlson Speedwatch. Cllr Harley reported by email that it has been a productive December on the Speedwatch front and following his meeting with the Illusive Wiltshire Coordinator on 11th Dec at Amesbury Police Station, everything is set for us to hit the streets in late Jan with formal training booked for 1600, Wed 15th Jan. We will be sharing equipment with CK and essentially have it every other week - a real result. That said, for expectation management, he must be clear in that we are limited to operating on the A338 as that was where the Metro Count gave us the result we needed to generate this course of action. He still needs need to engage further with the use of an automatic system, but has the impression that it would be resisted as an actual Speedwatch Team provide a visible deterrent that the Police are after. Of note, despite the flurry of interest, he has only submitted 7 application forms, so if any others (new members?) on the PC want to join the team do please let him know. Cllr Cockerton reported that he had spent some 15 minutes with the Collingbourne Kinston Team and in that time 7% of the traffic was speeding but none of these were HGVs. New Visitor Attraction on Salisbury Plain. Cllr Hartley reported by email that Cllrs would have seen the email correspondence with a conserved resident of Marlborough concerning the proposed airing of a new Royal Artillery Museum just west of Netheravon. He has investigated this, including further correspondence with Ian Blair-Pilling and the Curator of the Museum. The headlines are as follows. Due to the Army’s re-basing programme, the Museum (formally at Woolwich) needs a new home. It is logical that this new home is close to Larkhill - the home of the Army’s Artillery. The Museum wanted to be sited on the Larkhill Racecourse but the MOD said no and has given a plot of land West of Netheravon. That said, whilst this does not have a direct impact on CD, the siting of it could cause traffic increases. Of note, the current proposed location routes traffic from the M4 through the Hungerford-Cadley Road - Chick’s Lane Rat Run. He has checked this on Google, RAC website and AA Website. This is something he is concerned about as any increase on Cadley Road and past the school is unwelcome in his eyes. He is happy to own this issue and has already attended a Public consultation in Netheravon and also submitted a Freedom of Information request to the Ministry of Defence over this issue - he will be able to expand on this much more at the March 20 PC meeting. Cllrs noted Cllr Hartley's report. Action: Cllr Hartley 1. 64.19 GENERAL MATTERS. Emergency Plan. Having considered developing an Emergency Plan for the village and appointing a lead Cllr, Cllrs agreed to appoint Cllr Cockerton as the lead Cllr to investigate if the Council need an Emergency Plan if so what should it look like. Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Dennis. Action: Cllr Cockerton Xmas Big Brunch. Cllrs Cockerton reported that the Brunch had been a great success with a large cross section of villagers attending. The raffle did well which help the keep the cost down to £420.50 against a budget of £1K. Cllrs thanked Cllrs Cockerton & Gomes for all their hard work. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Greenwood. Agreed nem con Acion: Cllrs Gomes & Cockerton Complaints. None received. 1. 65.19 Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00pm on Thursday 5 March 2020. The meeting closed at 21.25pm. Signed: Chairman: